Life just gets wierder

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

And the hits just keep on coming

My daughter called me today and said "Mom....I went to the Watchtower.org website and clicked on 'I wanna start a bible study'. Shortly thereafter, Sister Sweetiepie calls on my daughter and sets up a weekly study and leaves her with WT mags.

Not even an hour has passed and my daughter is shopping and another sister, "Sister blabbermouth" spots her and says, "I heard the good news" gives her more magazines (she's just found a place to dump more mags) and then asks her, "why didnt you ask your mom for a study?" AAAAAAAAARGH!!! Do the words "None of your business mean anything to you?"

She then lied to my daughter and told her that she had been planning to come by my house and drop off some mags from the convention, but hadn't gotten around to it. Hmmmmmm...the convention has been over for about a month now and sister blabbermouth lives down the street and passes my house at least 3 times a day. What a lie!

My daughter has been alongside me in the organization since she was 2. She wanted out by the time she was 15. For the last 5 years we have gotten really close and she has opened up about her feelings. Then I take a step back for air and she wants back in.

Its amazing how fast the gossip circle turns within the "Pioneer Women's Network (PWN)". Plus my daughter is already an emotional wreck from the WT org. I dont know what to do at this point. But I do plan to tell sister sweetie pie that if my daughter becomes suicidal because a group of stuckup gossip mongers determine that she is not progressing fast enough or try to lay guilt trips on her, Hell and fury will rain down so fast.

I guess while they pump their half-truth in her, I will have to provide her with the other half of the hidden truths.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yuk, sounds like a horrid situation.

Why don't you offer to "sit in" on her study? Your daughter might see it as a way to "help you" but you can be prepared with counter-evidence and other reasonings in advance of each study.

Sirona

• joenobody
    joenobody

a Bible Study form? wow... sounds like an opportunity for some mischief...

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Gotta say I don't envy you at the minute CLV... sounds like a nightmare scenario.

I wonder if most ex-dubs have ever contemplated going back at some point... I did, but fortunately got more than I bargained for when I asked LittleToe if he could conduct a bible study with me over the net!! LOL!! (This was before I knew he was engineering his own escape!)

I hope you can feed her enough information to let her make an 'educated' decision.....!!

Best Wishes,

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit