Need Help With a Scripture

by Mary 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Can anyone tell me where that scripture is that says:

We are pressed in every way, but not without hope.............while we keep our minds, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting."

thanks.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Check 2 Cor 4:8ff.

• shadow
    shadow

(2 Corinthians 4:7-18) 7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the power beyond what is normal may be God?s and not that out of ourselves. 8 We are pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; 9 we are persecuted, but not left in the lurch; we are thrown down, but not destroyed. 10 Always we endure everywhere in our body the death-dealing treatment given to Jesus, that the life of Jesus may also be made manifest in our body. 11 For we who live are ever being brought face to face with death for Jesus? sake, that the life of Jesus may also be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 12 Consequently death is at work in us, but life in YOU. 13 Now because we have the same spirit of faith as that of which it is written: "I exercised faith, therefore I spoke," we too exercise faith and therefore we speak, 14 knowing that he who raised Jesus up will raise us up also together with Jesus and will present us together with YOU. 15 For all things are for YOUR sakes, in order that the undeserved kindness which was multiplied should abound because of the thanksgiving of many more to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day. 17 For though the tribulation is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing weight and is everlasting; 18 while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit