Escape is never clean

by ColdRedRain 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey, I've been away for a few days. The reason why is that I found myself a new girlfriend. (Sorry, gals at Slippy's forum) It should be a joyus occasion except for one thing. She ain't a member of the borg, and my mom's threatening to disown me for this. She still tries to treat me like I'm a Witness, even though I told her I want to have nothing to do with her religion and it's hateful and closed minded ways. She even tries to push the [edit] religion on her.

The last thing we needed now, is my mom acting up about this. God, I hate this religion. Even if you stop attending, they will hunt you down, and try to torture those that you leave with. You can't even make a clean break.

I wish I can just be with my new girlfriend without this shit. I don't want to drag her into it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How far away does your mother live?

Even before I left the bOrg I had a simple rule: Never live closer than 30 miles to your parents. This way they are close enough to visit from time to time, but too far away to bug you all the time.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

CRR. First of all CONGRATULATIONS!

<----- is disappointed

Secondly, if this is a new relationship, I'd say dont drag her in to. It might scare her off. Do you still live at home? That may make for a complicated situation. Only way I was able to avoid them was to move.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    <----- is disappointed

Yeah, don't tell your boyfriend you're disappointed, he may not like that :))

As for moving, I only make 860 a month on Social Security and I suffer from a littany of mental disorders, to the point where I need to have somebody to be around for me almost all the time so in case I break down, I'd have somebody to take me to the loony bin. It ain't pretty, but hey, at least I'm getting help for my mania and not being persuaded to sell more magazines to people when I feel depressed. It'll be a hard thing.

God, I hate having to drag her in this situations.

But the good part is, I promised my mom that I'll take her to the meetings with me as soon as the Red Sox win the World Series, and we'll get baptized when the Vikings win the Superbowl after the Sox win the series.

CRR's mom, of the athletically ignorant class.

Oh well.

• dawn27
    dawn27

I agree with "elsewhere", it could be good to maybe make a fresh start and relocate. I moved atleast 2 hrs away from my home cong. when I was still active and was a good little dub for a while. I ended up dating and meeting my now husband. I took a break from the meetings and I was able to make descisions with a clear head, without family and elders influencing my every move. It is not right for an organization to tell you who to love!! I was told that I needed to break it off to remain in good standing and I had everyone pressuring me, but it really woke me up to the fact that they would judge someone so harshly whom they had never even met or laid eyes upon. I would say follow your heart, but only if you are in love, because there will be many challenges. I love my husband, but it is still hard to be around family members who made things very difficult for us. If my husband and I were not united it would have torn us apart by now. I guess what I am saying is go for it, but first make sure it is worth it, because you are the one who will have to go through the heartache of dealing with your family, the elders, the witnesses, ect., not the unbelieving spouse.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As hard as it is to keep friends out of the JW crap there is no way we can reasonably do this. Eventulyy they have to learn how screwed up our past was and that it is a part of who we are.

In a way it is probably better she find out right away. f she can handle it then she might be a "keeper"

And if she can't you will know before your heart gets too wrapped up in her

• Carmel
    Carmel

Regardless of religious affiliation, my advice is to not live within the same state as mother-in-law or parents. Alaska is about as close as one should be.

carmel who did as he speaketh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit