Divinity of Christ

by jc1225 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jc1225
    jc1225

Christ calls himself God, the Jews think he called himself a God and threaten to stone him. Jesus refers to himself and the father as one. He says he can do things previously ascribed to the Father.

the prospect of a perfect life completed by a human is impossible Romans 3:23. Only a divine Jesus could have lived a perfect life making the sacrfice a true sacrfice for our sins.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Nope. Jesus was actually a hot dog. Did he not say, "If ye had faith the size of a mustard...?"

He also suffered from constipation, therefore he needed to move mountains.

He was also a psychopathic liar, ergo his promise to return and rescue his followers; who all died meaninglessly in the Roman arenas for no reason whatsoever.

CZAR

• Pole
    Pole

CZAR,

He was also a psychopathic liar, ergo his promise to return and rescue his followers; who all died meaninglessly in the Roman arenas for no reason whatsoever.

The term "psychopathic liar" is perhaps too general, and biased anyway. "Paraphrenic schizophrenia" would probably be more applicable. Unless you take revelation at face value of course. Personally I'm not sure if I do at this stage. The choice seems to be too binary to me.

Pole

• edge3
    edge3

Yes jc1225 the divinity of Christ is central to Christianity. It's another good example of why JW's are not Christians but a group that worships their organization.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the Jesus of the bible [ a fictional character in my opinion] never called himself God... but instead whenever the jews THREATENED him with harm for seemingly doing so, he CORRECTED THEM..... he told them things which showed that what he did was GRANTED by God, authority to do it was GIVEN by God, that he himself only called himself God's son, never God...etc...

John 10 is a primary example, I and my father are ONE.... causing the jews to riot... but does Jesus say, hey, whats your problem, I am God? no.

he tells them according to the very scriptures they think they are using to justify his murder, THEY are called gods [Elohim] and if that is a crime, then they should be killing themselves for it is THEY who are seating themselves on the Judgement seat belonging to God and determining whos life is worth retaining and whos is worth ending....

while pointing out that he only said he was God's son....

now if Jesus really were God, why not simply say it? why say all this and come off like he was saving his ass from death as a coward?

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Thank you Zen.

Apparently another thread on the *yawn* divinity of Jesus.

If he was God: he should have just said, I am God. But he didn't.

Now you're going to go on with your trinity blather. So continue......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit