WT ...... a Big Brother?

by ChileanRick 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

Hi friends.....

Maybe you've read Awake! july 8, 2004.... the article about Blainville, a place where the freedom for the preaching work was restricted, but the court finally took a positive decision for the WT interest. The court's declaration use the expression "Big Brother" in this way: "In a free and democratic society, a city council must not act as a Big Brother trying to decide to whom the people can receive in their homes at night or weekends"

As an explanation, the WT says in the same page of that magazine the next: The expression "Big Brother" is from George Orwell's 1984 fiction novel, and it corresponds to the lider of a totalitarian state, who controls to all the people in all their activities.

This means, the WT knows about totalitarian states, and what means "Big Brother"..... and of course it is so, the WT itself acts as a Big Brother controlling everything about its fellowship..... what they can see, read... where they can go, who can be their friends..etc. The WT at this moment and ever decides for the JW all about their lives and their possessions..... what can you say about this?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

What can I say? They are liars and hypocrites. Not to mention a cult.

• heianderen
    heianderen

The WT is faithfully imitating the Orwelian's society "hate sesions". They expose their folowers to all the acusations that the critics make ("fundamentalism", "big brother", "false prophets", etc..) and then apply them to others, this way they transfer the blame to others and insensibilice their folowers. I don't know if is premeditated but if is not, is simply that they also have mastered double-think.

_heianderen_

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

What could i say? On of the first things after beginning to question my JWism was to by 1984 by G.Orwell and the parallels were too obvious not be seen clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit