Bible not for the individual

by TowerWatch 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Anyone remember the publication where the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society stated that the Bible was not written for the individual but for God?s people as a group, something like that. It was an older Watchtower I think.

Thank you,

TowerWatch

• DocBob
    DocBob

Anyone remember the publication where the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society stated that the Bible was not written for the individual but for God?s people as a group, something like that. It was an older Watchtower I think.

I think the first one is the one you are looking for.

*** w67 10/1 p. 587 Finding Freedom with Jehovah's Visible Organization ***

Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind.

*** w83 9/1 p. 31 Catholic Scholarship-Is It Loyal to God's Word? ***

However, what about you? Do you view the Bible as God's inspired Word? If you do, then be loyal to it. Read and study the Scriptures regularly. Of course, the Bible is written in such a way that human instruments are needed to help make its message clear. But should not all truth lovers be careful that those to whom they go for help to understand God's Word are indeed loyal to it?

*** w81 2/15 p. 17 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible? ***

From such experiences it can be seen that Jehovah God caused the Bible to be written in such a way that one needs to come in touch with His human channel before one can fully and accurately understand it. True, we need the help of God's holy spirit, but its help also comes to us primarily by association with the channel Jehovah God sees fit to use.-1 Cor. 2:6-10.

Creepy, eh?

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thanks Doctor Bob that is exactly what I was looking for! See you in October!

Cal

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    *** w81 2/15 p. 17 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible? ***

From such experiences it can be seen that Jehovah God caused the Bible to be written in such a way that one needs to come in touch with His human channel before one can fully and accurately understand it. True, we need the help of God's holy spirit, but its help also comes to us primarily by association with the channel Jehovah God sees fit to use.-1 Cor. 2:6-10.channel before one can fully and accurately understand it. True, we need the help of God's holy spirit, but its help also comes to us primarily by association with the channel Jehovah God sees fit to use.-1 Cor. 2:6-10.

Creepy yes. Blasphemous too. I can't believe they can get away with minimizing the Holy Spirit and putting the WT as the PRIMARY method god uses to help people with his word. So before the WT was ever published then what??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit