The Pain Goes ON.....

by silentlambs 9 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

the following is the tail end of a email i recieved tonight, another sad story, yet the pain goes on as you see from the way she ended her post. this person mentioned they thought they were alone untile they read the victims page. do you know how many times i have heard that statement? wt wants the victims to think just that to keep them quiet. so sad, so bad, so mad.....

silentlambs

"I am in ALOT of pain right now. I guess I always thought I would go back to the organization, but I know....I really know how it is....and now, I know even more.....in a way I wish I didn't........I've never felt so alone. Even though I can see I am not alone..."

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHH that breaks my heart. The pain and suffering some people have to deal with, it realy puts my problems in perspective!!! Send our hugs her way Bill!

Ven

"I'm gonna wash that borg right out of my hair,I'm gonna wash that borg right out of my hair,I'm gonna wash that borg right out of my hair, and send it on it's way"

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello again silentlambs:

I don't personally know anyone who has ever been abused nor ever talked to one.

My only "knowledge" of this has been from, I'm sorry to say, movies, but the ones I have seen have been so explicit and yet non-sensational so that I could get somewhat of a clue as to the pain these poor victims have gone through.

I can only imagine what suffering they have endured and to also feel they are alone is devastating.

My heart goes out to them as they not only have suffered betrayal by their attacker but also by their supposedly "protectors" and have become double victims.

Such a shameful skeleton to be coming out of the WTS closet...it looks good on them.

Had Enough

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Oh, I'm hurting.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Please tell this person she is not alone! I am only a newbie, but just in this last week I've felt so much clarity and peace with meeting all of these xjw! Please tell her to come to this board for healing!

Love,
    Billygoat

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Thanks to the internet, so many realize that they are not alone about a lot of things.

My heart goes out to all those suffering.

Thanks to Fredhall, so many realize exactly how disheartening dubs can be.

blessings,
    mpatrick

• ros
    ros

When I discovered other exWitnesses and began attending the BRCI conferences, one of the things that struck me as remarkable was the number of people JW experience involved severe child sexual abuse, both incestuous and other relatives and overseers. What's more, it was startling to learn how INVARIABLY the victims were made to feel like the guilty parties while the abomination was closeted to protect the guilty. Hosting a webpage and receiving e-mail from therein has gone on to emphasize the problem all the more.

Bless your work.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Please tell this person she is not alone! I am only a newbie, but just in this last week I've felt so much clarity and peace with meeting all of these xjw! Please tell her to come to this board for healing!

I second what Billygoat said. Before I found the resources on the Net (which believe it or not was only a couple of months ago), I felt very alone and isolated. I thought I was the only one.

That is why I always welcome the people here and tell them that they are not alone. It made such an impact on me to find all you cool 'postates here and on Yahoo!

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• waiting
    waiting

The point was brought up that we, rape/molestation victims, tend to think we're *The Only One*. Somehow it was our fault, we caused it, or at least, enticed the other person/persons.

I think, partly, that's human nature as we want to keep others from knowing how dirty we feel. But then, as jw's, we thought we were in a Spiritual Paradise. We were told and told and told that. It was "those Catholics" who had the pedophile priests! We knew God's organization was nothing like them! We knew because the WTBTS told us so - and we wanted to believe.

And we were blinded. As victims - we trusted. As parents - we trusted. We were screwed, quite literally - and then spiritually -when we went to our shepherds for help, for "setting matters straight" and they told - at least me - to be "quiet for the good of the congregation."

And we were quiet, just like we had been warned - "don't want to be guilty of the sin of slander, do you, Sister?" So many quiet, hurting, angry, victims.

Then we left - and we found out there were thousands of victims - who had been coerced into being silent for so long by their spiritual shepherds and families.

Luke 8:29 NWT - (For he had been ordering the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For over a long time it had held him fast, and he was repeatedly bound with chains and fetters under guard, but he would burst the bonds and be driven by the demon into the lonely places.) Jesus asked him: "What is your name?" He said: "Legion."

waiting

• Okidok
    Okidok

Sad to hear

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
    Woody Allen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit