Visit from an Elder...

by Confucious 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confucious
    Confucious

Just had a visit from an elder.

This particular one, I believe is sincere.

But at the same time, I've been there before. And what it basically is, is some free air conditioning in a 95 degree day and some easy pioneer time.

Mostly the same message.

Jehovah has always used an organization.

But to me, I don't think you could count Noah's Ark as an organization.

Would the better thing be that Jehovah has always delt with individuals???

Hmmm...

• JH
    JH

What organization represented him after the first century?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hi confucious...just do what i do when i see these people wandering around in the extreme heat/cold..feel very sorry for them and thank God/whoever that you dont have to.

• z2ara
    z2ara

the text that elders say when they visit you, is standard: 'jehovah always had an organisation'

but indeed the ark is not an organisation, but concrete object, like the kingdom hall is a concrete object. But they cannot be compared with each other. and the watchtower organisation is also not the same as the ark of noah.

By going in the ark, Noah was saved, not by visiting it. By going to the kingdom hall or belonging to the organisation, is not an assurance for eternal life.

there are too much churches on earth that tell the same to their followers.

And more: i see that the organisation of the watchtower does not stand for what they supposed to: the bible.

The internet is full of online bibles and translations, and i can say that http://e-sword.net/bibles.html contains the most complete number of translations,

But the Watchtower society has not 1 bible online, its worse, if i ask for a bible in the kingdom hall, its a standard procedure that i have to order it and after 6 months it may be available for me.

That's not the way i can give bible study to new comers.

So, if the Watchtower organisation supposed to be the organisation of God Jehovah, why is the bible reduced to something that is not worth to put online?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi z2ara,

But the Watchtower society has not 1 bible online, its worse, if i ask for a bible in the kingdom hall, its a standard procedure that i have to order it and after 6 months it may be available for me.

That's not the way i can give bible study to new comers.

I agree with what you said above - I experienced the same problem at least twice when I needed Bibles - I had to "order" them from the Literature Counter - and by the time they finally "came in" (right...), I had sometimes forgotten I had ordered them, it took so long.

And this from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society??

Phonies.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I read somewhere a while back (maybe it was on this forum) that while the WTS claims to be a 'bible' organization, the Gideons publish as many Bibles in a year as the WTS has in it's ENTIRE HISTORY! If I'm not mistaken, it's something like 91 million copies of the NWT since it was released, while the Gideons put out almost 100 million a year. In comparison, I believe the statement was made that the WTS prints nearly a billion copies of the WT and Awake annually. Forgive me if my figures are wrong, I'm quoting from <a bad> memory. Bible organization indeed......

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

This is one of the things that my family has all tried to tell me. I never really knew what to say UNTIL I read Ray Franz' "In Search Of Christian Freedom". Really good information on the 'truth' about the state of the early Christian congregation. Since then, I've looked up some stuff on the WT CD-ROM, and in many cases when it states that the first century Christians were 'highly organized' and that God has always had 'one true organization', there is NO <or very weak> scriptural support. As usual, as dubs we were (and they are) expected to believe whatever is printed.

Has anyone ever noticed that the journalistic integrity of the WTS would get any freshman English major flunked from a basic research course??

• jgnat
    jgnat

From the gideon's website:

Members of The Gideons International place and distribute scriptures in 179 countries in 82 languages. We focus on five primary areas:

• Hotels and Motels
    • Hospitals, Nursing Homes, and Domestic Violence Shelters
    • Schools, Colleges, and Universities
    • The Military, Law Enforcement Personnel, Firefighters, and EMTs
    • Prisons and Jails

The demand for Scriptures in these areas far exceeds our supplies that we are able to purchase through our donations. Much more could be done- if funds were available. However, we are placing and distributing more than 1 million copies of the Word of God, at no cost, every 7 days in these areas.

http://www.gideons.org/

..and they do this with a much smaller organization. "The association has more than 236,000 members, located in 179 countries of the world."

...................................................................................

From the watchtower media site:

"Since 1926, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has published more than 124 million copies of the Bible in 45 languages."

"This international brotherhood of people of all races is made up of about 6.4 million practicing members organized into more than 95,000 congregations in some 230 lands."

Another way of putting it, the gideons do in two and a half years, with 4% of the manpower, what has taken the witnesses 77 years to accomplish.

http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit