Truth against truth: an Israeli outlook

by Narkissos 6 Replies latest social current

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I was recently pointed to the following site and thought it might make an interesting read (at various levels):

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Fascinating read! I can't call it unbiased; in describing the actions of the PLO and the Intifada, it emphasizes the hardship caused by Israeli military action, while downplaying the civilian deaths caused by Palestinian action. It's also not really fair to compare casualty figures without indicating what proportion were civilian and what proportion were military.

Still, it's an interesting review of the history, and I think that its main point, about the differing fundamental narratives, is right on.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm at point 39 ... but my eyes can't follow any more (too little font) ... but very interesting ... gonna finish that tomorrow !

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm at 73 ... !!! very well written and explained ... (by now) ... will finished tonigh I think

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Wow! Somebody read it after all!

Euph:

I can't call it unbiased;

Neither can I. However, I guess it's a good example of what is at stake in "official storytelling". Whoever the storyteller happens to be.

Thanks for the responses.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok finished ... IT'S A MUST READ !!!

• frenchbabyface

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit