Help to change the abuse laws in NY!

by Esmeralda 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hello all,

I was asked to pass this information on to everyone that I can. If you, or anyone you know was
    a victim of sexual abuse in the state of NY and your abuser was never brought to justice, please
    consider contacting Jean.

I am pasting her letter to me here as originally written. Please pass this info on to anyone it
    might help.

Thanks,
    Es

Hi Lily my name is Jean Kraus and I am the volunteer coordinator for the
    above mentioned non-profit org. I also am a volunteer for soc-um-Safeguarding
    Our Children-United Mothers and I also volunteer for silentlambs. I am
    currently working on a project with three other woman to change ny statute
    laws, if there is a way you can help us we would be most greatful. We need
    stories from victims/survivors from NY whose abuser was either never arrested
    or convicted, they can be sent either to me or to the attorney listed at
    www.changenylaw.com Please email me to let me know if you can be of
    assistance...Jean Kraus

Her e mail address is: [email protected]

• humble
    humble

I admire your work. More people should get involved in their own states. We want Witnesses to turn a child molester into the authorities. This is fine, but if we campaign to change the current laws to require that all organizations should turn in a molester, then that would be better.

• LDH
    LDH

So Humble, are you 'getting involved in your own state?'

No, like most 'good JW' you are content to let the system operate without your input and then bitch about it.

Yeah, it would be great if EVERY organization were required to turn molesters over to the law.

The question you should ask yourself, aren't JW subject to a 'higher law' than that of man? Aren't JW bound to uphold cleanliness of the 'congregation?' If so, why aren't they turning them in now, despite what Caesar's law is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit