Cell phones and brain tumors?

by doogie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

Hey guys,

Remember a few years ago when cell phones were first really catching on and there was a big deal about the radiation possibly causing brain tumors? supposedly, some people were turning up with tumors on the side of their head that they use their cell phones on. it was on dateline or primetime or nightline...one of those "lines" or "times"...maybe all of them. they said it was the antennae that was the problem. but then i didn't really hear about it anymore.

now they say that cell phones in dudes pockets leaves them all but sterile. (maybe that's actually a good thing...)

i was just wondering if anyone had heard anything else about dangers from cell usage. seems that the world is in a heap of trouble if this stuff is for real.

-- doogs

• kls
    kls

With all new technology there is all ways something gonna kill ya, geez even the food we eat to the air we breath will do ya in.

I am sure the toilet paper people us to ,( well you know ), cause annal cancer.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess that means I shouldn't be driving and talking on the cell at the same time, huh?

• doogie
    doogie
    I am sure the toilet paper people us to ,( well you know ), cause annal cancer.

jeez...i didn't think a thread about brain tumors could get even more depressing. i'm gonna go cry now.

• doogie
    doogie
    I guess that means I shouldn't be driving and talking on the cell at the same time, huh?

apparently, getting in a car accident should be the least of your worries.

• Gerard
    Gerard

USA- Center for Disease Control:

"There is no evidence of a relation between exposure/use and risk of disease."

http://www.cdc.gov/excite/disease_detectives/national/cell_phoneQ1.htm

• kls
    kls

Doggie , what are ya gonna do . You are damned no matter what you do or use. Don't cry Doggie.

• Carmel
    Carmel

While living in Israel a few years ago I was asked to do a survey of studies regarding cell phones, transmitters and recievers on human health. I was able to find several dozen studies (not sponsored by manufactures) that had been conducted over a span of a decade. None resulted in any indication that health was threatened in any way.

carmel

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There was also something I heard about the old thermal printers for computers emitting fumes that caused cancer. I did a search on google and found nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit