JW Funeral

by Beans 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beans
    Beans

Sadly one of the nicest guys I ever met passed away recently. A few years before I stopped going to the meetings he joined our congregation and then he moved down to Florida with his wife and started up a very successful Electrical business, he always had a smile on his face but sadly a brain tumour got to him which also took a dear friend away from us last year at 35 years of age.

I have to say the JW fineral is a very relaxed atmosphere, as it should be as there belief system says they will see them again. A few things though are very wierd! An attendant was taking ATTENDANCE and as every person walked in he would put a check down. As well he was seating people during the service, to me this was just very rude! The guy giving the talk said that God wants us to be perfect but were not, that was news to me too.

Now the same guy taking attendance later on was scoping the buffett, I guess the society wants the stats on intake of finger foods for an awake article or something.

A sad Bean today :(

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((Beans)))))))))) I'm sorry that you lost a good friend.

XW

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Beans:

He was a great guy and was always there for others. My father and his father were best men for each other and grew up together going to the same high school. It was his parent's that convinced my folks to become witnesses. Grew up calling his folks Uncle and Aunt. He and his siblings and my brother, sister and I have been close since we could talk

I've been in Peterborough working the floods there since Thursday night so I could not attend. I also spoke with a friend of the family who suggested it would be better for me not to be there considering some of the elite JW's that might be present and how it might make the event uncomfortable for the family. I admit that hurt but I had to agree that my presence (post 5th estate) would cause a stir amongst some of our deceased friend's in-laws.

Drop me a note if you get a chance and let me know more about the service, those attending etc. How were his sister, brothers and his parents holding up?

Uzzah

• Xandria
    Xandria

(( Beans ))

Sorry for your loss and having to deal with the JW Zone of "love"

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit