Some questions?

by def 3 Replies latest jw friends

• def
    def

Since Iam a new member of this board, ive got some questions maybe someone can point me to the answer.

1. Is it stated anywhere in the bible that you cant marry/date a non-JW?

2. Does the bible state that you have to go door to door and be at "x" number of meetings?

3. Why do most JWs not know there history? They told me the first witness was Able not Charles Taze Russell?

• amac
    amac
    1. Is it stated anywhere in the bible that you cant marry/date a non-JW?

The bible warns against marrying a "non-believer" which to a JW is any non-JW.

2. Does the bible state that you have to go door to door and be at "x" number of meetings?

The bible does say that you should preach and make disciples. Because the early apostles went door to door (this is even debateable) the JWs say we have to do the same.

It says nothing about the number of meetings, only that we shouldn't forsake the gathering of ourselves together, which could mean numerous things, but to JWs it means that you have to go to all the meetings.

3. Why do most JWs not know there history? They told me the first witness was Able not Charles Taze Russell?
    Most of them do know their JW history, or at least a white washed version of it. They just believe that they are an extension of true worshippers that originated back with Abel.
  • undercover
    undercover
    They told me the first witness was Able...

I've heard that too. But...this simple statement raises questions.

Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves "THE" Christian congregation. If Jesus started Christianity, how can people who lived before Christ be part of the Christian congregation? If Jehovah's Witnesses have existed since Abel, why was it necessary to implement Christianity?

...the first witness was Able not Charles Taze Russell
    Actually C.T. Russell wasn't the first modern "Jehovah's Witness" either. That would probably be J.F. Rutherford. Do a little research on the history of the WTS and JWs and you'll see that Rutherford pretty much did a hostile takeover over what Russell had built and converted it to his own brand of idealogies.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Just like any JW will tell you their leader is Jesus, not the WTBTS. Yeah, right!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit