June 1st watchtower new light from watchtower legal.

by XQsThaiPoes 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

New policy.

pg17 "Young ones, if you live in a land where the laws permits it, do you give God glory by witnessing in school, or do you allow fear of man to hold you back?

Begs the question since public preaching is banned in many places in the east does this mean that there is a whole class of non preaching JWs?

pg19 "Remember, though, that preaching is just one way in which we bring glory to Jehovah. By being exemplary in our conduct and apperance when we are on our job, in school, and at home, we make Jehovah's heart rejoice"

Okay I feel that in the west where hours are droping they will promote aiding in short bethel stints, MTS, aux pioneering, but they are going to let the d2d work wither and BTW they have no chioce cuz people just are not going out. In the banned lands looks like they are thinking of pulling the plug on them braving persecution to witness and seems to be telling them to follow the law.

How many people wana guess in 30 years the wts d2d work will only be slightly more involved than other evangelical churches in the civilized world, and only old school jwism will be practiced in the 3rd world where they are usually already 30 years behind the times in everything else.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    and only old school jwism will be practiced in the 3rd world where they are usually already 30 years behind the times in everything else

that's already taking place.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I don't think this is actually a new policy. Schools are public buildings and if the school or municipality has a policy against preaching or proselytizing, then a Witness would be compelled to recognize it and obey it.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yes, a class of JW's who don't preach in schools. But not other times.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

don't think this is actually a new policy. Schools are public buildings and if the school or municipality has a policy against preaching or proselytizing, then a Witness would be compelled to recognize it and obey it.

City streets are public so that mean no street corner work in some places,then a Witness would be compelled to recognize it and obey it.. Which means you can only preach in private property since that is tresspassing in many places if you are uninvited and unarhorized. Seems like they are painting them selves into a corner. All for the love of the french.

• bebu
    bebu
    pg17 "Young ones, if you live in a land where the laws permits it, do you give God glory by witnessing in school, or do you allow fear of man to hold you back?

In some countries, proselytism of any Christian sect is outlawed in any way, shape or form, not just at schools.

So, would this quote imply that JWs must follow all such laws and never proselytize in those places?

bebu

• Pole
    Pole

XQsThaiPoes,

"Young ones, if you live in a land where the laws permits it, do you give God glory by witnessing in school, or do you allow fear of man to hold you back?"

I don't think any major change in preaching policy is signalled by this single quote from the Watchtower.

Think about Greece for example. Proseltyzing there can get you into trouble. I have a JW friend from Poland who went to Greece on a student exchange program and she simply went out in service a few times with the local JWs while she was staying there.(She didn't even preach on the university premises)

Shortly before she came back to Poland it proved that the Greek university had sent a letter to her Polish university in which they complained about her taking part in proselityzing. And Greece in by no means part of the 3rd world!!! Unless you consider the European Union the 3rd world. .

I think you are overly optimistic about WTS going mainstream in this case...

Pole

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Clearly they are being watched by governments for insightment to break the laws. They are just covering their butts. The next article will remind them that they "must obey god rather than men"..............

• blondie
    blondie

This reminds me how the WTS justified practicing segregation in the southern US as long as it was a "law." They reasoned that they could still accomplish the preaching work and have separate KHs and conventions for blacks and whites.

JWs kids being able to preach in school is not like it was over 30 years ago when I was in HS. People are making sure that church and state are separate in school. No prayer, no bible clubs, no Jesus at Christmas, etc.

Blondie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego would have been so pleased.

Clearly, they ran ahead of Jehovah's lawyers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit