Who are the gainsayers

by year2027 0 Replies latest watchtower bible

• year2027
    year2027

God first
    Hi to all

God bless your heart for stoping by to hear my words.

? Who are the gainsayers ??

This word is used one time in

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

It comes from the Greek word (G483) antilego, an-til'-eg-o; from G473 and G3004; to dispute, refuse:--answer again, contradict, deny, gainsay (-er), speak against.

Note about G473 anti, an-tee'; a prim. particle; opposite, i.e. instead or because of (rarely in addition to):--for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.

Note about 3004. lego, leg'-o; a prim. verb; prop. to "lay" forth, i.e. (fig.) relate (in words [usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and G5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while G4483 is prop. to break silence merely, and G2980 means an extended or random harangue]); by impl. to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say (-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter.

But lets get back to the word gainsayers (used 16 times in 9 verses of the bible)
    As talking about numbers we get established new begining by judgement

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be (spoken) (against;)

Luke 20:27 Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which (deny) that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,

John 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king (speaketh) (against) Caesar.

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and (spake) (against) those things which were spoken by Paul, (contradicting) and blaspheming.

Acts 28:19 But when the Jews (spake) (against) it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.

Acts 28:22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is (spoken) (against.)

Romans 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and (gainsaying) people.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the (gainsayers.)

Titus 2:9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not (answering) (again;)

Here is the places this word is used but lets break them up into who can be called a
    gainsayer and what is gainsaying.

Ok who are gainsayers

A gainsayer is a person who talks about anything whether its the bible, history, science, or anything that can be talk against

Ok what is gainsaying its when one talks about a another thing just because they do not understand it the same

But what was the bible saying when it said to exhort and to convince the gainsayers? So lets read more around the verse

Titus 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

The words in verse 11 ?for filthy lucre's sake? should help us these are gainsayers who talk against the true for money or power.

They are fables and commandments of men we read in verse 14.

Ok here some that we can all understand

Fairly god mother or known as the tooth fairly would be an fable but what about commandments of men they are laws wrote by men and back up by men

Now are commandments of men are not bad but the ones the wrote in places like the Way ? your not in the household of God if you leave the Way fellowship? or to learn this or that you need this or that class

You see a bishop is too stand against the ones that are out to use his brothers and sisters for gain by use of fables or laws written to use others

You may want to think what happens when easter comes and the TV as shows about the easter bunny . A lot of people buy candy and the sellers of candy make a lot of money.

What would a bishop do? They may teach what easter all about teaching the kids truth while making home made candy for the young kids hearts with a movie and telling them the candy came from the Church or their mom and dad not the easter bunny

Now today laws written in Churches for money one is the tithe but any law that puts fear in others is a law for gain

The Way did this as did many others and I not sure how big this gets but I am sure its not the person who talks against the truth of Christ because they have been taught wrong but the ones who are pushing lies for gain

That all I know to say but I hope many can add greather insight to this word study

with love Roy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit