Playing a Chess game can have dire consequences!

by little witch 6 Replies latest social current

• little witch
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

if you copy and paste the link it will work.

The U.S. government accused Fischer of violating U.N. sanctions against Yugoslavia by playing the match. The sanctions were imposed on the former Yugoslavia for provoking warfare in neighboring Bosnia-Herzegovina.

While incognito, Fischer intermittently gave interviews with a radio station in the Philippines, often digressing into anti-Jewish rants and accusing American officials of hounding him.

In the radio interviews, he praised the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, saying America should be ``wiped out,'' and described Jews as ``thieving, lying bastards.'' His mother was Jewish.

It was not immediately clear if Fischer would be extradited to the United States, where he is wanted for playing a 1992 chess match in the former Yugoslavia in violation of international sanctions. Japan and the United States have an extradition treaty.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is a situation where you have the blind accusing the blind.

• little witch
    little witch

Thanks for the linking help Cassi, I recently began using netscape as a homepage, and I think it has caused a boo boo in trying to post links.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

No problem LW, I just think it stupid that the US is looking to prosecute him for playing a game of chess. But 'Million's Martha' gets off with a 5 month sentence and a 30,000 dollar fine WTF for insider trading or should I say lying to investigators?

Cassi

• little witch
    little witch

My thoughts also Cassi.

I hope my taxes are not used to search and destroy a man for playing a chess game!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I hope my taxes are not used to search and destroy a man for playing a chess game!

LOL Why not? They already are to assure that the public is not being lied to about which brand of peanut butter is better, Jiffy or Peterpan. How about a 40,000 dollar tolite seat? If you want one I can sell you quite a few!

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit