Baptism questions

by BeelzeDub 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

It was 1977 when I had to answer these questions before getting Baptized. I just received a call that my son will be getting Baptized this weekend. even though he has researched the 1914 doctrine and does not believe in the WT teaching.

Does anyone here know if there is a questions about 1914 in the Baptismal questions that he would have had to lie about to pass the test?

Or do you know of any links to the questions on-line that I can review, I have only three days to try and talk him out of this.

-BD

• blondie
    blondie

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040321/SECRETBOOKS/204150004

The questions are in the back of the Organized book at this site.

Blondie

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

actually you dont have to awnser the questions Just get in line. The study program is mostly a ruse to get you used to submitting to leading questions.

And by the way the JWs have taken 1914 of of the "what JWs believe" list, I would also like to tell the kid that according to post 1995 JW believe their is no real reason to get baptized unless you want a position in the local cong.

I am not saying dont get baptized but their is no reason for it anymore since they changed the sheep and goat teaching.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I was reading the organized book war updated in 1989. It is filled with "old light" about 1914. If they insist on using it I would be warry.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

See the post on Oral contact- I moved back to the top

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Thanks for the link Blondie.

I did not see anything related to 1914 in the questions, a little about last days.... "signs and all that" There were a few questions that I am sure he had to dance around, but as XQ said, I don't think they really care, they just want warm bodies.

He is 19 y/o and has never been pressured to get Baptized, but now he wants to be the best man in a wedding, I believe this is when they started putting pressure on him to take the plunge.

Since he already went through the questions without even telling his father or mother, I doubt there will be much I can do at this point to talk him out of it.

Thanks for the Bump Hillbilly, I will check out the other thread.

BD

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

BAPTISED FOR A WEDDING!

Congradulate him on his baptism then slap the mess out of him. j/k

Okay is it me or are the jws of today lacking the concept of spiritual honesty. "I don't agree with the teachings of this religion, but i want to participate in festivities. So i am going lurk under cover and lie until they accept me." I mean if he is cynical as me fine. I respect exploiting the system, but this guy sounds like he is lying blind "trying to set himself right with jehovah". I would not talk him out of it but I would let him know that he is just lying and if he is going to do that he should atleast have the courtesy of being a mole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit