I'm so proud of my daughter....

by Evesapple 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I'm talking to her online right now, she's at her dad's house in New Glarus, WI. He's still a witness and she spends a great amount of summers with him. Evidently they had a deep, emotional heart to heart about religeon and Jehovah's Witnesses. She told him that she doesn't want to be a Witness and that she'll go to meetings with him, but if she doesn't want to go, she shouldn't have to. He told her that he just wants her to learn about God and that he understand her not wanting to be a JW, but when he was out of the organization he was very unhappy but now that he's re-instated he's happy again. So, she told him "Dad, I am happy not being one, and everyone sees things differently and believes in different things, and it's not your fault, it's not moms fault that I feel this way, it's just the way I see things." he told her he just wants her to be happy....and she said "I am happy, and I enjoy life and celebrating things like b-days and holidays"....

Evidently the conversation got started because the CO had a talk w/him, and he wanted to get more serious about "the truth" and wanted Morgen to get serious with him....that's when she put on the breaks and said....no way Jose.....

I'm just so proud of her, for being so open and honest all on her own. I tell you I've never tried to influence her way of thinking, and have always encouraged her to stay open. I love her so much.....

Anyway, I just had to share that.

• kls
    kls

Good for her and for him not trying to badger .

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi eve,

be proud. You have earned it. She reflects the values and "ability to think" that you have instilled in her.

good luck!

Frank

• bavman
    bavman

i'm happy for all of you.

bav

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

thanks, I'm just so proud of how maturely she handled it....honest and respectful at the same time....and she's only 13. Sometimes they just surprise you that way.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

That is awesome; congrats on raising a smart young girl. I hope you

are showing her there are other ways of learning about God. I have found it is so important

to take a little time and sit and talk openly. Ask them what questions do they have about

God etc. Take them to church, pray together. Kids are really looking for a solid foundation,

that higher power to guide them. Sorry to go on, but often I think exJW parents want to drop

everything and have nothing else to offer to the kids.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm so proud of my daughter....
    sure you can !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit