Do you have a circle life after being a jw?

by beroea 4 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

Do you have a circle life after being a jw?

I been wondering about the fact – so it seems - that so many after breaking and leaving - a sometime long relationship with the “Borg” - seams to go back to old king of thinking. Sometimes just with others words.

As JW we look/looked at the world with eyes teach by the “Borg”. But sometimes leaving we just repeat the same old kind of word. Just repeating all the old way of thinking or using methods and words we thought we had left.

Anger is too much a controlling factor. Anger is able to bring some goods – but very often it just bring destruction and an bitterness.

A dangerous way to go on living.

Beroea

• Francois
    Francois

There does seem to be a danger for ex-JWs to hop from one abusive cult to another. Sort of like women who seem to bounce from one abusive husband to another.

Since you're aware of what's goin' on in your mind, perhaps you'll be able to avoid this circular pattern of self-abuse.

Here's hoping.

Franc

My $0.02

• Lindy
    Lindy

Yes, many leave, and because they are human and choose certain paths, certain things happen. Not all bad though. If you take your time when you leave and don't jump from the frying pain into the fire, life gets better. It just takes time to work through the grief and the anger, etc. But it can be done without making matters worse. But you do need to be patient and some haven't learned that quaulity yet. I din't have extreme emotions when I left. I did everything very slowly and let all the new things I learned sink in. Figured out what to discard and what to keep. I took my time and really searched for the answers and came to the conclusions that I did. We are each differnt and handle things differently.
    I hate it when the Society suggests that we are all leaving and now into sex drugs and a bad and evil life style. Mine was very quiet and reserved. I didn't rebel and go off on a tangent. Most don't. But it looks good to JW's if someone does because it makes them feel better about staying. More righteous for their choses. They never want to know that you are happy and better adjusted outside of the Organization and that your life moves forward without fear, guilt and the like, that almost all JWs feel. That is a cognitive disonance that they have to deal with and they don't really know how to do that well.

As Always,
    Lindy

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Borea,
    I know exactly what you mean.
    Through my experiences I think the biggest thing I have learned is to "live and let live". We all have to find our own way. And this can be done without forcing our thoughts and findings on others. But it is hard to do considering the conditioning many of us have recieved for many years!
    TW

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

I need help with that!!!!!

Despite knowing that the WTS is wrong on most things, I can't help but still have the same mental attitude about things that I have been taught. And I still have a bit of 'preachiness' to me. How the hell do I get rid of it, cause it's annoying!!!!
    Can anyone help?????
    Joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit