Simon: would you be able to publish how many new people have joined in the 1.5 years?

by goingthruthemotions 3 Replies latest forum suggestions

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

The reason i say this is because the last 1.5 years was around the summer of 2013 that i started see new light changes and changes with the rebranding. 

so it would be interesting to know how many people have joined. just image how many lurk out of fear of being caught. 

if possible that would be encouraging info...(sorry to take a loaded word out of jwland)

joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life...if i could turn back time!

shalom

• kiriketanawa
    kiriketanawa

I'm new here, but have been 'out' for many years. and just spotted your post. Although I can't comment on your wondering how many have joined recently in light of rebranding as I simply don't know the answer to that, I'm really responding to your last comment where you state that joining this cult was the worst mistake of your life.

When I first discovered the truth about the 'truth', I too felt much the same, but as the years have gone by I have turned my former 'enslavement' into something really positive by researching into fields that I had never previously considered looking at and probably never would have done if I hadn't felt 'cheated' as you appear to suggest by being 'hooked' by this organisation; everything from astronomy through to philosophy, geology,  theology etc., and in the process gained such a deep insight into many things.

I've read everything from The History of The Jews by Paul Johnson through The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (well worth a read!) to Biblical nonsense by Jason Long and so many books and publications that I know now that the real 'babes' are in fact JW's with their WT controlled minds and extremely limited knowledge of the real world.

At first, i wanted to share this new-found knowledge with every jdub I came across but quickly realised that when people are hooked, it is in fact very difficult to remove the hook. I count myself extremely lucky that I had the doubts I had which led me on the most wonderful discovery into the real world. To be as you are now, with the realisation that you have found out the real truth about the WT, is a matter for great celebration on your part, not sorrow, nor regret. You are entering the real world now, one of discovery and enlightenment; embrace that and enjoy your new-found freedom! 

• Simon
    Simon

Number of signups is a bad measure for several reasons, not least of which is that you may really be measuring how effective the anti-spam measure are!

Search and visit metrics would seem to be a better measure for what you're after but even then, you need to be careful that you are not measuring the performance of a single website. Google Trends may be worth looking at - it can show the volume of searches for different topics over time.

• kiriketanawa
    kiriketanawa

My apologies to goingthruthemotions, I took your last statement as part of your post on this occasion but realised afterwards that your statement, 'joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life...if i could turn back time!' is in fact your quote at the end of each of your posts and may not necessarily reflect your current state of mind. it did however look like part of your post and so I responded to it with what i hoped would be words of encouragment. .

I think the expression, 'jumping in with both feet' would apply to me here!

Once again, my apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit