Field Service Book Bag

by Pinned Blouse 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

mine is dismantled and in the dumpster...I have no literature whatsoever in my house...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Consider using it as a biodegradable plant container!

Fill it with composted manure after removing the toxic spiritual manure that is in it now, and plant a tomato. Tomato plants are best planted deeply and at an angle - all the way up to the first leaves. The stem wil throw lots of roots and the plant will as a consequence be more vigorous.

Give it good sun and water. As the bag breaks down due to the action of soil microbes -who have no idea of the bag's formerly sacred service -- nitrogen and trace elements will be made available for the tomato. When the tomatos are ripe, sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, anoint them with a good olive oil and fresh basil, and serve with a slice of mozzarella cheese.

- NN, "making lemonaide from lemons" class

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Kept 'em in the closet for a while thinking that there may be times that we'd use the men's leather ones for other business matters, carrying paperwork etc to an appointment or something. I would feel SICK every time I'd see them in there though and finally did bag them up and they went off to the Salvation Army. Didn't think any brothers would go to their thrift store lookin' for a new bag, but again felt some person in the business world could make use of one. But, then again, would they need to be shopping at the thrift store?

Just the other day, helping to clean out my son's desk - (per the messy desk thread, I got motivated-thank you all) - I found his littlest thin magazine bag from his youngest years, and we happily tossed it.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

It is crazy to me that you posted this thread just this morning. I was contemplating starting an identical one. The reason being is that I burned almost all of my remaining books and tracts last night.

I was cleaning out my hobby room and there were my two extremely dusty book bags. I sat down and started filing through them.....My "Young People Ask", "The Greatest Man Whoever Lived", my highly inspirational "Praises to Jehovah", and uncomfortably enough my first NWT. My girlfriend called me while I was outside starting the fire with the tracts. I told her what I was doing and she asked me if I was okay. While she was never a Witness, she knows that it was my life for so long. She is such a wonderful friend.

I can't really tell you how I feel about what I've done. I do not harbor any malice towards them so I don't feel "TRUIMPHANT" by any means. I just feel quiet and confused. The day my burden was lifted was long ago. It was the day Harley got up on stage and announced that I was an unapproved association. I felt physically free. Thank god I never got baptised!

So now I don't feel free, because I've been free for a long time. So maybe I'm not going to feel anything about what I've done???

Anyway, thanks for asking. I really needed to spill.

~Snapdragon

• Mulan
    Mulan

We put ours out for a charity pickup. Dave's big elder bag was handy for his camera equipment (storage) so we kept that one.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

To be honest, I don't have the darndest idea whatever happened to that thing. Hmmmm....I still have the bible though. I use it to compare their bible to others to see just how much they have changed the wording to fit them....You'd be surprised.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

When I quit going out in service, I had a handsome sturdy leatherette purse with outside pockets. I don't quite remember what happened to it.

When I DA'd I also gave up skirts in favor of jeans, which meant I always had pockets and didn't need a purse at all. I think I gave the purse away.

GentlyFeral

• Odrade
    Odrade

Took it to Goodwill. Some JW pioneer is going to be veeerrrry happy....

• Nessy
    Nessy

I threw mine away along with all of my books and literature in a trashcan at a gas station. I was so worried that something bad was going to happen to me since I took that step. Isn't that silly?

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Mine is in the basement hanging on a nail in the wall, collecting dust.

Hapgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit