Green Thumb in the UK - a new way to Pioneer?

by Jim Dee 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

In the UK a new craze is underway in the org - its called "Green Thumb" and is run by an elder in Heswall on Merseyside.

He is recruiting other elders and MS to buy Franchises and county areas and employ Pioneers to sell the services door to door or on the phone. Been going now about 4 years and the Bro in Heswall is now worth £30million.

He encourages the franchise holders to employ pioneers and "youths" because they are reliable, experienced salespeople and dirt cheap

Anybody heard of this

Jim

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Copy of their web site - Steve Waring is from Heswall Congregation on Merseyside

Having experienced the lawn treatment service in the United States in 1985, I saw the great potential for a lawn treatment service in the United Kingdom.

GreenThumb was born on 1 April 1986, where I treated lawns along the North Wales coast. Armed with 1,000 leaflets, I distributed them to homes on a housing estate. When I called back to see their response, the very first lady I spoke to said this was just was she needed. That was a great start.

Today there are almost 100 GreenThumb operations across the UK from as far a field as the Isle of Wight to Falkirk in Scotland. We are still opening a new branch every month. The majority of the GreenThumb's around the country are operated by families in keeping with our goal to provide a personal service to our customers.

Since pioneering the lawn treatment service, GreenThumb is still leading the development of lawn service in the UK. This business is committed to being the premier lawn treatment service coupled with incorporating the very latest advancements in lawn care technology from around the world.

"The lawn is vastly improved."
    C.M. Berks

Thank you for your service and I wish you every success in creating lush weed free lawns for everyone in the UK.
    Mr G.L Cheshire

We will never forget that above all we are a service and our desire is to give our customers the best in service. We don't want satisfied customers we want delighted customers. Thousands of homeowners every month adopt our service, the majority coming from recommendations. We realise the importance of keeping our customers happy.

I hope you find the GreenThumb website informative and visit it often. We are always very pleased to hear from our customers about how we might be able to serve you better. Please email
    us on the address below if you would like to contact us.

I would like to thank you for your interest in GreenThumb and on behalf of all the GreenThumb team around the country thank you for your support.

Stephen P Waring
    Managing Director[email protected]

• blobby
    blobby

Jim,

See Confusious Post 7th July....in Friends..."Green thumb friends...."

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, many pioneers in our cong were green Thumb'ers

I think it's one of those religious scams where people take advantage of the closed population. I forget the exact term.

Before this it was some carpet cleaning business before it went bust and people got ripped off.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Anybody remember when shaklee soap distributers were all the craze (USA) pre-1975??

http://www.shaklee.net/becky/prodHou
    Shaklee. Creating Healthier Lives.
    Eight Marks of a deadly Mind Control Cult applied to Jehovah's Witnesses
    Milieu Control [Simon's query?]

"Milieu" is a French word meaning "surroundings; environment." Cults are able to control the environment around their recruits in a number of ways, but almost always using a form of isolation. Recruits can be physically separated from society, or they can be warned under threat of punishment to stay away from the world's ........

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The best franchise opportunity, IMHO, belongs to our very own Gumby:

http://www.gumbyspizza.com/franchiseinfo.html

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard a brother doing a similar thing but not worth as much as 30 million - is that Dollars or GB Pounds sterling

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Actually, franchising would probably be a great way to create jobs within a local Dub community. There are plenty of franchise outfits within the traditional "unskilled labour" areas traditionally frequented by Dubs, such as cleaning, mowing, gardening, homecare, etc. A Dub master franchiser could create a small slice of Paradise Earth, if he was any good.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit