Charles T Russell -a freemason and the connection to the illuminati...

by dolphman 169 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Sunspot, The evidence is misunderstood. He's not a free and accepted mason, you an believe that or not. If you have any relatives who are lodge members, they can verify that for you.

Gita,
    It's not a case of my not believing you, it's just that there seems to so much evidence to the contrary---and then you post a one-liner like that. It made me wonder, that's all. (smile)

The only relative that I had in the Masons died 20 years ago, so that's out, LOL.

Annie

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

as I said, the symbollogy is misunderstood, it's not masonic. I'm not going to go into it publically again because I don't like people thinking I am some kind of a kook, but I do know a little of what I am talking about when it comes to this.

• dolphman
    dolphman

Gitsa, can you explain then why Russell used the same symbols of Masonry on the his books and magazines, how "Watchtower" and "Golden Dawn" are Mason buzz words used in JW literature, how sermons of his were conducted in Masonic lodges, why a pyramid with a Masonic emblem marks his grave? I'm curious. I don't think you're a kook. In fact, I'm really trying to have a serious discussion here and I respect any counter-argument you can make. I honestly want to know the truth and explore all possibilities. I'm not looking for a conspiracy. thanks

• talesin
    talesin

Smoke and mirrors.

The lies are often misunderstood, that how it was intended.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No, C.T. Russell was never a Mason. Probably the best thread (and there have been several) I ever read on this topic can be found on this very forum.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/15932/1.ashx

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**as I said, the symbollogy is misunderstood, it's not masonic. I'm not going to go into it publically again because I don't like people thinking I am some kind of a kook, but I do know a little of what I am talking about when it comes to this. Gita, When you say, "again", did you post this on here so I could look it up? If we're trying to have a serious discussion on this, it would be highly unfair of someone to think of you as kook, when we're sharing viewpoints like this. We've seen what seems like evidence stating that he was a Mason---with documentation---and then some statements to the contrary with no evidence---yet.(smile) If you have something to add to your thoughts, it would be appreciated. It's an interesting topic. Annie edited to add that I didn't see the previous post before I submitted this :(

• RR
    RR

I can't believe after all the discussion and the evidence to show he wasn't a Free Mason people still eat this up. oh well!

RR

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Hey Corvin,

Apparently there is record of Russell giving sermons in Masonic lodges, where he often referred to himself as a Mason. Some of the transcripts can be found online. Also, the cover of one of his books featured a Masonic symbol on the front of it, the wings of horus.

I have a copy of the sermon he gave in one of them. When he is speaking about being a Freemason, he is speaking in a "spiritual sense" as a way to get rapport with the organization who bought many of his books. If you read the entire sermon, you will see that he is not claiming to be a Freemason.

Many things point to the possibility that Russell was a Freemason. They are circumstancial, however, and his use of the winged disk and pyramids might have more to do with his stolen idea that the measurements of the Great Pyramid had something to do with the return of Christ Jay.

I would need to see the Masonry records that clearly show his membership and position before I will buy into the Illuminati thing.

Corvin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I can't believe after all the discussion and the evidence to show he wasn't a Free Mason people still eat this up. oh well!

Gee, that's kinda unfair, RR. Obviously some of us had not seen or heard about this before. Sometimes these threads move so quickly that we can "miss" some things from one day to another.There are a lot of newbies here that probably haven't heard of any on this subject before, either.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello, the winged disc symbol which is on studies in the scriptures books etc is also common to Zoroastrianism.

My FIL is a Freemason, showed me the contents of his briefcase once, I wanted to swap his apron for a frilly pinny and his soppy white gloves for a pair of pink Marigolds. That'd get him noticed He-he! As for conspiracy theories, I love 'em.Don't think it matters whether CTR was a Freemason or not, Mormons are closely linked to all that stuff, but then so are a lot of things, my two ha'p'orth is, there was a lot of interest in Egyptology around that time, and CTR may well have been linked to F'masons or knew some of their stuff.There are well-known Masonic symbols/New world Order stuff on US dollar bills etc, does that mean anything, maybe......

The British Royal Family are all reptiles.

Shirley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit