Just needed to vent for a minute

by TallTexan 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

DAMN! Witnesses are stupid. I'm going to a family wedding this weekend of a non-JW family member. My cousin, who is still a JW, told me today that he doesn't feel comfortable going because my mom and my ex-wife, both of whom are disfellowshipped are going to be there. He said he was looking forward to visiting with me, but was uncomfortable going to the wedding. Now, here's the kicker. As he stated jokingly, I should probably be dissed b/c of my lifestyle. On the other hand, my mom and ex are both going to all the meetings and studying and all that to get reinstated. HOW STUPID IS IT that he feels comfortable visiting w/ me, who should be dissed and is living a non-JW lifestyle, but not with them, even though they're going to all the meetings because they are technically df'd. Does anyone see what I mean???? What the f*&^ kind of reasoning do these people use??? I mean, I know, 'cuz I was there once, but now it seems so damn dumb. I told him that what he had just said made absolutely no sense and did he not see that. He said I sounded like an apostate and now isn't sure if he's coming at all. Anyway, just needed to vent. Thanks.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ah but TT it isn't about how dumb the rules are it is about getting caught breaking them

He is comfortable with you because there is no rule - yet

shaking my head at the stupidity of some rules

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

No conscience, no rational thought, just blind, moronic, robotic rule following. "Whatever you say FDS"

Ughhh!!!

I would love to be there to see the stupid expression on his face when god asks him "WHAT were you thinking??? I told you to LOVE each other."

• blindfool
    blindfool

Your cousin has no problem with you because your not df'd. Its not the lifestyle, he's scared to associate with a df'd person because he is afraid of what the elders will think.

I can think of so many examples of JW's I know that have the same issues. One person is df'd so you can't talk to them, but another is just avoiding the elders and he's OK to associate with.

This religion tears apart friends and families. JW's can be so un-christ like, it's hard to believe they call themselves Christians. Jesus was actually critisized for eating and associating with sinners. I guess if He had been a JW they would have df'd Him.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

It's so dumb the way they just go along with the rules.

I just learnt the other night that my auntie and uncle, both JW my uncle is an elder, don't agree with the fact that I was disfellowshipped, told my mum that the elders did not get to know me enough and did not take into consideration steps I was taking to become a stronger witness. Yet they still refuse to speak to me, they were like parents to me and are the only relatives I have close by. It's so hypocritical. Really pissed at the moment.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Uhg, tell your mom and your ex-wife not to get reinstated, please!

Jws can get very technical. I'm just glad that you got to vent out.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

its all "ok" until you are officially labeled "df'd"

very superficial really

Sin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit