New one

by royboy 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• royboy
    royboy

Just registered here and wanted to say hi to all and tell you a little about myself. I was a witness for about 30 years. Seems like everybody i talk to leaves after 30 years. Must be a magical number when we all get our senses back. I began questioning and reading the bible without the aid of the Publications about 5 years ago. The Holy Spirit help me to see that I had the hope of going to heaven and I'm not even one of the 144,000. I tried to discuss my findings with my wife and 2 children but they refused to talk about it. Go to the elders, they said. Elders didn't take me seriously, as I was one of them just a few years prior. They thought it would just blow over. When I discussed it with other members, that's when they took it seriously and reproved me. About 3 years ago, I D.A myself. My wife and daughter were and is pioneers for many years. My married son, a Ministerial servant couldn't handle the embarresment and now shun me. Came home from work 2 years ago and found that the "brothers" had come over and moved my wife and daughter out to an undisclosed location. Havn't seen them since. Havn't seen my only granddaughter since she was one year old. This tragedy can be filed right along all the rest of the tragedys out there. Christian love to you all.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Roy,

Welcome to our neck of the woods - glad to have you. I'm so sorry for the tragedy in your life, sometimes just doesn't even make sense for so much pain.

I hope that at least one day, when the WTBTS says it's ok, you'll be able to visit with your children and grandchild. That just sucks what they did to you.

You honestly sound like you're doing ok - congratulations, I don't think I would have fared as well as you.

Glad to see you posting here - it's a good place.

waiting

• Francois
    Francois

Can't you sue the bastards for alienation of affection?

I wrote a newspaper article about ten years ago about a guy who heard the witness who was studying with his wife tell her, "you've got to get rid of your husband." She did. He sued. He won.

Why don't you try it?

Franc

My $0.02

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm glad you found us too.

You're not alone.

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• Prisca
    Prisca

HI Roy, and welcome to the DB.

I was raised a witness, and left when I was 30. So 30 is a pretty popular number then!

Hope you find some comfort and friendship from being here.

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Roy

Welcome to the board.

I am very sorry for your losses...it isn't right, I know.

Hope you find some comfort here.

think41self

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit