Contact with long lost relative.

by Lehaa 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I'm so exited, I just got an email from a cousin I have not had contact with for 15 years.

He was disfellowshipped 15 years ago, and being a good Jdub i ceaced all contact with him. Anyway I wrote him letter last week letting him know I'm now disfellowshipped and just seeing how he is going, and he just sent me an email.

He's going to sent me a longer one soon and send a heap of photos. He also gave me am open invitation to come visit him anytime. He's living with a realy nice woman and they have two kids together.

He was really supportive and encouraging, told me just to hang it there and it will get easier.

Just had to share. Happy day for me.

Oh, also my sister went into labor last night, anytime now and I'll be an auntie.

Double happy day.

• talesin
    talesin

That is so nice to hear! I've gotten in touch with some DF cousins lately as well. It's great that you've been able to connect with him. Lack of family connections can be so difficult, now you two can have that bond.

Right on, "AUNTIE". :D

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I'm so happy for you Lehaa! There is a Good Life on the Outside of the WTBS. I love it when others discover this.

• Ciara
    Ciara

That's great, Lehaa. I hope someday some of the relatives that I miss will call me with news that they've left the witnesses.

Ciara

• Piph
    Piph

That is awesome!

I have a DF'd aunt and uncle, but I don't know where they are...or even what her last name is. :( I'd love to get in touch with them again.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

That is sooo encouraging Lehaa!! I too have a cousin that I lost contact w/ when I was DFed. You know it's funy because when we found out about each other(that we were both witnesses) we danced for joy at a baby shower of one of my other cousins, much to our "worldly" relatives chagrin. As we got to know each other better because of our new found commonality I realized that I really did'nt like her that much. We didnt have anything else in common but the Borg, I would call her and we would just breathe into the phone, I suspected that she felt the same about me. She never really had anything to talk about, her life was extremely boring. She lived w/ an abusive husband that I didnt like, her young teenaged son was out of control often in trouble w/ the police. If he didnt make a huge turn around by now he may very well be in jail. Anyway when I wrote to her to "apologize" that I was being DFed she never responded, which added to the hurt. Ya know she was family and although we were different in our personalities, I DO miss her and wish that she someday calls me and says that she is out too. I will make every effort to be a good cousin (whatever that entails)Being non judegemental would be a good start on my part!! Man I was the Queen of Judgement as a witness! There are actually alot of folks that I would have to apologize to if they came out of the Borg!! Oh FlowerPower becareful what you wish for!!
    Sorry to ramble on just more hopeful now that my son will someday soon also see the light of day and come out of the Borg. I miss him so much!!!!!!!
    FP

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Sorry to ramble on just more hopeful now that my son will someday soon also see the light of day and come out of the Borg. I miss him so much!!!!!!!

FP, Go ahead and ramble, I love hearing other peolpes life stories.

I hope you ge your son back again, I don't know how I'd cope without my kids.

If you feel like rambling please feel free to PM me.

Luv Lehaa.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Lehaa - so exciting!! Yipee for you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit