Anyone from Louisiana?

by Sweetp0985 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I'm new to this site and was wondering if there was anyone from La, specifically Baton Rouge?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Sweet,

First off, let me welcome you to the board.

I was born in Breaux Bridge, "the Crawfish Capital of the World," but grew up in Carencro (which is near Lafayette). Lived there until 1989 when I moved to Tallahassee, Florida. My sister, a niece and nephew live in Plaquemine (20 miles south of Baton Rouge). Another niece lives in Prairieville. But none of them were ever Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Hi Sweetp - Welcome to JWD!! I live in New Orleans. I grew up in LaPlace though - a little closer to BR - and always went to the summer conventions in Baton Rouge. I've met a couple of other posters who live in North LA - but none in NO or BR.

Nice to meet you!

• TioPato
    TioPato

Ah la Louisiane... What's new in our old french colony?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I live in Cali but im only a flight away

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Sorry I don't live in Lousiana, but I wanted to welcome you anyways!!!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Thanks for the responses. I went to this other website the Meetup one and it seemed like I was the only on here. Thanks for the welcome. Since I've found this website, I have been feeling alot better about my decision not to go back to hell oops I mean the KH.

• robhic
    robhic

I live in Destrehan, outside of New Orleans. But ......... I am not and never was a JW. Does that count?

Robert

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My sister, a niece and nephew live in Plaquemine (20 miles south of Baton Rouge).

That's where I was baptized.

I used to live in Morgan City many, many years ago and Baton Rouge briefly in the 78. I went to the La Belle Air cong. There actually were some very nice people in that one at the time. Shame not all congs could be like that one, though it was not perfect. I've been to some very cold hearted ones since then. The bad ones helped me to get out though: they showed me that JWs do not have real love among themselves.

Flyin'

• Tyre
    Tyre

I am in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit