Prisoner statistics by denomination (UK)

by dmouse 9 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

I don't know if this has been discussed here before but I found this list interesting.

If you go by percentages there are the same number of JWs in prison as aethiests! (UK)

http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison3.html

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

LMAO.
    So satan and Jehovah are neck and neck in the prison ranks.

• badboy
    badboy

What are those 104 people in for,I wonder?

• dmouse
    dmouse
    What are those 104 people in for,I wonder?

Getting caught? Tax evasion? Probably not for child molesting, they were too well shielded by the elders in those days.

• Simon
    Simon

I wonder how many 'convert' while in or were guilty of serious crime while being witnesses?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm a member of Prison Fellowship. Here in the U.S. we visit prisons in our area. We sometimes encounter Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm not sure if they are conducting Bible studies or visiting fellow members, but they are present.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dubs used to brag that there were NO dubs in prisons, and they were right. Once a person got convicted and before they were sent to prison, they were DF'd. Therefore, they were NOT dubs anymore by the time they got to prison!

Nowdays, I guess they can't afford to lose even the members who are in prison.

Farkel

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Now the 2001 Census showed that over 380,000 people in the UK are of the "Jedi" religion, and yet there are no Jedis in prison. Clearly they are the true religion. (or else are using an old jedi mind trick to stay on the lamb)

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've come into contact with few jws in prison because of my job, but I can't comment on those because of the official secrets act. Two jws I knew from outside of work ended up going to prison, one an ex-elder was sentanced for child molesting. He was df'd for this, and I belief it was the other elders who actually reported him to the police. The other jw was sentanced for sleeping with and underage girl(15 yrs old).

• Xander
    Xander
    If you go by percentages there are the same number of JWs in prison as aethiests! (UK)

That's percentage of the population or the 'religions in prison', though.

They don't show percentage as a section of the total number of people in the world claiming that faith.

In the outside world, atheists outnumber JWs at least 10 to 1. If they have the same percentages of the population in PRISON...it says something about JW's and crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit