Why the Society May Worry About "Internal Statistics"

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

So, rumors have emerged that the Watchtower Society is worried about elders in Europe

offering "internal statistics" about the organization?

You might wonder why this seems so important to them.

I think I may be able to offer a reason for their sudden concern - money!

First, consider the Watchtower's dominant and over-riding motivation. Their imperative

is to maintain control over individual publishers - and extract shekels/euros/dollars thereby,

as well exemplified by the endless "reminders" for contributions in the Kingdom Ministry

and at assemblies. ( and please consider the post on the most "repellent Watchtower

ever").

In some nations, the governments hand out money ( church tax) or other economic

benefits according to HOW MANY "MEMBERS" a church has. More members,

More money.

In lands in which the number of publishers is stagnating - or actually declining- the Society

would have a strong motivation to keep those numbers as high as po$$ible. Padding

the church rolls would be in their interest.....

Sadly, one does not hear of emergency meetings because the friends are depressed,

or because the next generation of Witnesses are vanishing. They find no panic that

publishers are lacking charity or goodness or even faith. "Money ...meets a response in all

things" Ecc. 10:19

Deep Throat of Watergate fame was right:

"follow the money"

metatron

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Dear Brothers,

We don't pass any collection plates, but please leave us the farm!

Sincerely,

The Society

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

The fish stinks from the head down.

LABD

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

IMHO, everything they do boils down to money. Everything!

growedup

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Sadly, one does not hear of emergency meetings because the friends are depressed,

or because the next generation of Witnesses are vanishing. They find no panic that

publishers are lacking charity or goodness or even faith. "Money ...meets a response in all

things" Ecc. 10:19

its sad. now for anyone to find charitable aid you have to go thru "faith based" programs. i wonder if anyones been disfellowshipped for accepting catholic or methodist "aid' since the kingdom halls dont participate and get the gov't grants to provide assistance to the poor.

• minimus
    minimus

Can you tell us more about these rumours? I haven't heard about it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I must admit I have heard quite a few Local Needs Talks in the last 4 years about Money - in a few congregations I have attended

• metatron
    metatron

Read the stuff on German CO retraining. It refers to it.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit