A Quickie!

by cornish 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• cornish
    cornish

Hi all!
    Just to say hello to all who vsit this forum.
    I would love to tell my life story sometime but there is so much to say that I dont know where to begin,but a few things about myself.
    I left the borg mindset in 1995 as I would not surrender to the emotional blackmail shunning teqniques,and was told I had basically dissasociated myself,even though my last words were 'I wanted to follow God and Christ not a religion' an announcement was made that I had dissassociated myself from the Christian congregation,cheek,eh!
    I was born into a JW family in 1962,and most of my immediate family see me as a filthy apostate because they are indoctrinated, my hobbies are horses,ham radio and the net,
    when I have a chance I hope to post more,cheers for now

• Francois
    Francois

You're welcome. Hope to hear more from you soon. There's lots of wounded souls here, and a few active (but deviant) Jay-Dubs here too that delight in calling names and throwing stones. It's sort of like having a crazy aunt in the basement. They're tolerated but not taken seriously. If we were going to take what they said seriously, we'd still be in the Borg, wouldn't we? This little detail seems to escape their rather, um, challenged intellectual capacity, so we humor them. Sort of like the Viet Cong who would hide out near the airstrip and shot to miss the planes coming and going and to whom food packages were from time to time dropped by us to him. Think mascot.

Anyway, glad to have you and hope you'll tell us all about yourself.

Franc

My $0.02

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Welcome Cornish!

So glad that you are here...I have found this to be a wonderful community of people who have offered me a great deal of support. As Francoise mentioned, we are not without our resident er 'mascots' (good one Francoise! ) but even they have their place here.

Look forward to getting to know you better....

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• esther
    esther

Welcome Cornish. I take it that means you are from Cornwall?
    I am looking forward to getting to know you better and to hearing your story

esther

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm glad that you are here too.

emotional blackmail

I use this phrase all the time. I guess I'm not the only one and neither are you. Welcome and you're not alone any more.

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, cornish!

I've seen your posts elsewhere on the board and am delighted to see that you've jumped right in!

So nice to welcome another voice.

That slipnslidemaster sure makes some wonderfully empathetic posts, doesn't he? (<-- compliment )

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit