Old JW books & Apostate literature

by AuSet 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AuSet
    AuSet

I had a funny experience at work the other day.

I'm working at a Christian college for the summer as an electrical apprentice....we've been in the library for the last couple of weeks, and I happened to discover several old, old JW books (the old paradise lost book, and many others) right alongside of crisis of conscience, and several other "apostate books" .....whoo hoo, was I excited! All the JW literature had taped written warnings on the outside of the book covers, saying "do not read for any purpose other than to study the JW religion!! Nothing in this book is to be taken as fact!"

gosh, I really think that they all should come with this warning stamped on the cover.

So anyway, I arranged to check a bunch of them out, cause I haven't read COC yet and I've been out for almost ten years. ....(I know, shame on me!)

• Valis
    Valis
    yet and I've been out for almost ten years. ....(I know, shame on me!)

Greetings and welcome to the board Auset..I didn't even know about COC till I found JWD..and longer than 10 years for me too!..Glad to see Ray's book in their library!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Atilla
    Atilla

The librarian there must have a sense of humour-why else would Ray's book be in the fiction section with the old WT publications?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: and I happened to discover several old, old JW books (the old paradise lost book,

That is perhaps the definitive publication on how to successfully mentally abuse children.

Farkel

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey, AuSet, which College is that?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The warning that all JW lit should come with:

warning, reading these books will cause uncontrolable laughter, severe head pains and eye strain due to repeted ocular rolling.

• larc
    larc

I thought I'd mention that my local university, a private Catholic school has the Studies in the Scriptures. All are editions before 1914. Now, that's old.

• AuSet
    AuSet

CRR: That would be Oak Hills Christian College way up here in the nort country....

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Auset - Welcome to Junior Memberdom! I read CoC about 2 months ago -- after being out for 18 years!! Even after 18 years that book really made my head swim!! Brace yourself for some really appalling "insider" information! I couldn't put it down. I wonder what other apostate stuff they had?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit