Another request for help in understanding...

by SwampThing 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SwampThing
    SwampThing

Good day all,

I have another request:

Please help me understand how to decipher the code where references are given, such as:

w66

12/15 pp. 742-743 Repelling the Attack of Wicked Spirits

or...

w96

4/1 p. 24 "Work, Not for the Food That Perishes

I am making the assumption these cites refer to the Watch Tower and Awake publications. While I am at it, what is the difference between the Watch Tower and the Awake magazines? If I were to get my hand on the CD I hear people refer to, does that contain all of the JW publications where I could research things from home?

Thank you all again for the incredible help you have been to me.

Swamp Thing

• blondie
    blondie

w96

watchtower 1996

4/1 (April 1)

p. 24 (page 24)

Then the title follows

g (means Awake)

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    what is the difference between the Watch Tower and the Awake magazines? If I were to get my hand on the CD I hear people refer to, does that contain all of the JW publications where I could research things from home?

The watchtower deals mostly with biblical stuff and prophecies, it also contains study articles that are studied at JW meetings. The awake deals with more current events and human interest stories.

As far as the CD goes, you would need to be reall friendly with some one who still goes to the meetings to get you one, and witnesses are told not to give them to non witnesses. They contain all witness material publishes after a certain date. The CD is usually updated every few years to accomodate mew publucations.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch
    does that contain all of the JW publications where I could research things from home?

The 2001 CD goes back to 1950 for the Watchtower and Awake and the 1970's for most other publications.

• ConcernedMom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit