Any FRIENDSTER fans?

by bisous 9 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

Anyone here on Friendster?

www.friendster.com

• gumby
    gumby

I'm just your gumbastard buddy.....that's it. How the heck are shorty?

Gumby

• bisous
    bisous

dad-gumb it, you need to get yer bass-asstard into at least the 20th century...no yahoo, no friendster....c'mon now...we stay young by keeping up!!

by-gum, i'm doing good, and you???

• Xander
    Xander

*scratches head*

Well, it MIGHT be a legitimate idea, but....I dunno. They don't really tell you enough about it to get me to sign anything up. Plus, their mention of 'finding someone to date' as their first bullet point really puts me off the whole idea. Finding friends with similar interests is cool, and I'd be all for that. But I am obviously quite non-single, and it occurs to me a system that does not specifically exclude romance will just be prone to disappointment of members.

• bisous
    bisous

typically, people are invited to participate by other friends. what is cool about it IMO is, for example...if you are travelling you can meet up with friends of friends, or get referrals about stuff from friends of friends....really by 3 degrees of separation you can have thousands of contacts...the site is very little about dating and lot about .... Friends! the site is free and has been in beta for some time now...members keep lobbying to keep it that way.

I recommend it, browsing around is a blast...and i get zero spam as a result of being there.

• gumby
    gumby

If I go there......and here........then how the hell am I posed ta git my lawn mowed, my other chores done, work, sleep, go potty, smoke, and other stuff? Huh?

Gumby

• bisous
    bisous

Obviously you aren't mowing yer lawn and doing chores at one in the morning, now are ya? maybe that ol' saw "ya can't teach an old dog new tricks" is true, eh?

• gumby
    gumby
    Obviously you aren't mowing yer lawn and doing chores at one in the morning, now are ya?

Yea....I am. The damn wife installed stadium lights round my house so that me chores can be done at any hour. I'm going out and pulling weeds then weedeating soon as I'm done here. It really pisses the neighbors off when I fire up the chainsaw to cut old limbs at 4 in the mornin too.

Hey....putting all seriousness aside.........I feel too damn guilty spending as much time as I do right here. You need to talk to all those late night bastards like farkle who posts in the late hours of the day.

Big ol' hugs from the gumbastard anyway.

• bisous
    bisous

awwwww.....gumbalaya, i's just joshin' ya! I don't care if yer on any other site....yer here and that's where we can find ya.

I AM surprised that no one on this site besides me seems to have interest in Friendster...especially the younger set. It is very popular in the west coast neck of the woods.

• tink
    tink

i have an account, but only to keep in touch with some friends who are in a band and frequently on tour far from home. i wouldn't use it to expand my social circle, really. there are TOO many nut jobs on the internet for my taste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit