Question...

by Jason18 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jason18
    Jason18

Hi,

I have an assignment that I have to complete for my child development course and I need some help. I know that Jehovah's-Witnesses do not allow blood transfusions...but...is this they do not accept blood being transfused INTO the body, or is it also OUT of the body? (ie: donating blood). I'm unclear on that bit.

Thanks! :)

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Jason

What can and can't be taken and donated is a constantly changing issue that most JWs can't keep up with (ie. very few would be able to accurately tell you what their current 'beliefs' are)

Have a look at http://www.ajwrb.org/ - they cover the subject in more detail but I'm sure others could add more info here.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Hello Jason,

I would like to point out that while the official position of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTB&TS or, the Society) is that no Jehovah's Witness (JW) should donate blood for storage, later use, or proceesing, the Society allows the use of processed blood fractions donated by others. So it could be rightly said that the Society has nothing against the donation of blood, except when the blood is that of one who is one of JWs. And also that a JW could use the processed blood of others but could not donate his/her own blood for processing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit