Name your English Pub

by Celtic 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

The Fox and Hounds, The Duck and Drake, The Kings Arms, The Jack and Jill, The Feather and Crown, The Turks Head, The Star and Garter, The Pussy and Mouse, uniquely name your pub here:

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Well heres a few of my locals..... The Nelson, The Griffin, The Half Way house, The Bulls Head, The commercial... need i go on

Laura xx

• talesin
    talesin

The Alehouse, The Red Fox, The Lower Deck, Salty's, The Thirsty Duck, The Granite Brewery. The Starboard Quarter.

Oh, that's a few of the locals. :)

How about, The Hare and Hound?

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

The Underground Pub in Little Rock proclaims itself to be an English pub. Complete with the Union Jack over the door and on the waitresses' tshirts. It's a pretty good bar, even if it is under the River Market.

I'd have to say, I'd name my pub The Salty Tuna. (Don't know why...)

Country

• mouthy
    mouthy

The Dew Drop Inn----Stratford England

• Englishman
    Englishman

My local pubs have been:

The Load of Hay

The Greyhound

The Lord Chichester

The George

The Woodman

The Red Lion (probably the most common pub name in the UK, along with The Royal Oak)

The Unicorn

The Britannia

The Waverley.

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

The board gets away from me before I am finished
    The Round House .. Barking England ( were Vera Lynn first sang as a teenager)I used to go there.
    The Fanshaw---- Dagenham Essex...Many a times I sat on the steps as an 8 yr old while my Mum was in hospital( nervous breakdown) & my Dad was boozing it up....

Dont remind me !!!!! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit