Ah, the sweet taste of freedom!

by Sunchild 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Today, I did a couple of things that I never would've or could've done had I remained a JW. First of all, I spent the first half of my day being a promotional model for Snapple. My job: smiling, looking cute, and handing out free Snapple drinks. How I got it: I posted my picture on a model/talent search site just for the heck of it, and a placement agency thought I was right for the job. The pay: $124 for basically doing nothing.

And second... since the tryouts were held in the general area... I decided to try out for the game show "The Weakest Link." Long story short, I made the semi-finals! I'll find out sometime in July if they'll be flying me to California for the final interview, but most people don't even make it *this* far. It's incredible. I may yet get my chance to meet my dear "Mistress Anne" in person.

Just wanted to inject a little needed positivity to this message board and let everybody know that, yes, there IS life after the Tower. If I had been a JW and still paranoid like I was back then about "being greedy" and "drawing glory to myself," I never could have taken advantage of these very cool opportunities.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Congrats, Rochelle! Good job. Personally, I don't like watching "Weakest Link". Ann is a bit on the dry side for my taste, but I know others like it, and I hope you go all the way!

RCat

• Lindy
    Lindy

Congrats Sunchild,
    All of that stuff is great! Hope you make it on the show. Then I can say that I know you. Hope the rest of your life is going great too. Freedom to be who you are in this life is wonderful. Glad you are happy.
    I hate most of those new shows, but I have to say I don't mind the "Weakest Link", I will take it over "Millionaire" anytime.

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

As Always,
    Lindy (Antique)

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((sun)))))))))))WTG!!!
    Let us know what happens!! luv,Tina

psssssst BETHelMOle's the name

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Sunchild....congrats!!!
    Yes, freedom is a beautiful thing-freedom to experience ALL the joys that life has to offer-freedom to exlore our potential.
    ENJOY

Boozy

• poohbear1962
    poohbear1962

Congratulations, Sunchild!!! :) That is GREAT!! Thanks for sharing your joys and triumphs!! That is SOOOOOO! kewl!! And you are right - had you stayed in the Org, there is no WAY you would have done those things... and (as you well know) if you had, you would've been given MAJOR guilt for it!!! Thank you for comfirming that there IS "life outside of the Org"!! ...you ROCK!!! :)

Take care, and have a WONDERFUL day!! ;)

Pooh

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Sunchild,

Let us know if you make it to the actual TV program. I enjoy watching the Weakest Link. I heard that mean old lady Mistress Ann is not really mean at all. It is just the part she plays. There was a program where she hugged one of the contestants after the show and they had to do retake because it was caught on camera.

Hope you go all the way. Don't forget, BANK BANK BANK

• TR
    TR

Rochelle,

I knew thay cute and smiling face, not to mention brains, would get you somewhere!

Congrats and good LUCK!

TR

"Kults Suk"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit