RE: What Bible to use?

by TallTexan 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Which Bible have y'all found to be the best in replacing the NWT?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The Brick Testament. It's translation, by Rev. Brendan Smith, is refreshingly vibrant, keeping much of the feeling of reverence of the past, while also keeping the language easy to understand. The illustrations are amazing.

www.thebricktestament.com

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The NIV.....New International Version

HappyDad

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like The Contemporary Parallel New Testament, which has 8 translations side by side -- it's a great way to get the whole meaning of what's being said. Can't take credit for it, though -- Big Tex bought it after he left and I treated it like toxic waste for a few years (I was still "in"). Now I appreciate its worth.

Nina

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION

Outaservice

• Carmel
    Carmel

Iqan

carmel

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I sometimes use the Revised Standard Version; being translated into modern English, it is much easier to read than the archaic King James, and more accurately translated than KJ or NWT.

I received it from my grandmother years ago, and keep it open to Jeremiah 44:16-18.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I tried the King James but my chair wobbled because it was too thin, then I tried the ASV but my chair wobbled because it was too thick, so I am going to stick to the NWT until I put a new leg on my chair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit