Attention all Floridians

by Junction-Guy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I plan on visiting florida on aug. 28 for about a week, I will be staying with a friend in Sarasota and will be visitng my grandma in a nursing home. I would like to meet up with others in that area and possibly the orlando and east coast area. So who all is a floridian on here? and what part of Florida do you live?

Dave

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm from the state capital, Tallahassee. The population here is near 150,000 so I suspect there must be other exJWs out there, but I have not met any yet. Wish I could meet you, but I'm about 10 hours away from Sarasota.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I live in Orlando !

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've been to Orlando!

I scoured all the restaurants looking for SP too. Bennigans in Internationl Drive, the Lobster place next door, Sea World, the Upside-down house, but all to no avail.

..and they drive on the wrong side of the road too. So's I'd remember and not drive on the left, I kept my watch on my right hand which felt strange enough to be a constant reminder.

Englishman.

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

Sorry. I used to live there. I was born and raised in Bradenton, Just north of Sarasota. My brother lives in Sarasota, but he won't even talk to me so I doubt he'd be to keen on the idea of meeting you. ;O

Hope you have a great vacation!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah Kenneson I know the feeling, I live in a county with nearly a half million people and only recently been able to meet up with anyone local. Hey Stinkypantz I will keep you in mind if I go through Orlando

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit