Questions on the "Stand Firm" Video

by mole 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mole
    mole

My wife and I are being bullied by my mother and mother-in-law into watching the "wonderful" new video "Stand Firm" I have been trying to research the controversy behind this issue but have not been able to clearly see what this is all about in a nutshell. Does anyone have any reliable information on this? Would be interesting to have some background on this topic before listening to the official WT spin

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

s this the blood video???

If it is (when it is up and running) try (www.ajwrb.org

I believe Alan F brought out the controversy in another thread. I will have too look for it and get back to you this afternoon. If I remember the video concentrated on operations where alternate blood products could be used but it doesn't talk about trauma cases where you are bleeding to death.

I also believe ajwrb will be doing a piece on this piece of crap shortly

hawk

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had to wonder why one of the doctor's was interviewed wearing his surgical mask. Did he NOT want to be identified? I too wondered why they didn't address the question of trauma. Other than that, I thought it was an amazing video. Full of crap, for sure, but really well done. Maybe they are finally learning how to do videos.

• mole
    mole

This video is supposed to be on the persecution of JW's in Nazi Germany. Just wondering if anyone had seen it and what the other side of the story was.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I had to wonder why one of the doctor's was interviewed wearing his surgical mask. Did he NOT want to be identified?

Somehow, I doubt it was a real doctor. Probably Ted doing a cameo!

Slipnslidemaster: "Men have become the tools of their tools."
    - Henry David Thoreau

• Moxy
    Moxy

i believe the most damning counter to the stand firm video is the organizational stand taken originally--the anti-semite, pro-nazi stand that is well documented in WT publications and explained well at watchtower.observer.org - also in 'apocalypse delayed'.

mox

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Kents site is where you want to go on Hitler. Check out the heading on the left that says "JW and Hitler"

( http://watchtower.observer.org)

hawk (sorry about the confusion)

Edit 1:49 pm
    Oh yeah - like Moxy said - go to the Libary and get Penton's book - Apoc. Delayed. Read the latest version.

• sf
  • Francois
    Francois

You're going to watch this tripe?

Why not get them to agree to read COC in return? Fair trade in my opinion.

Ya can't be bullied without your permission.

Franc

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I believe the Stand Firm video was about the jws in the holocaust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit