Emily Litella Moments

by blondie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Does anyone remember Gilda Radner playing Emilly Litella? Have you ever had a Litella moment where you misread or misheard something and went off on a rant until you got all the information and had to say

NEVER MIND?

What's all this fuss I hear about endangered feces??? That's outrageous. Why is feces endangered? How can you possibly run out of such a thing? Just look around you - you can see it all over the place. And besides, who wants to save that anyway?

What's all this fuss I hear about 1976 presidential erections? I know that they erected a monument for Mr. Lincoln and President Washington, but that's because they're dead! Hopefully, the 1976 president won't be dead, so he won't need an erection!

http://www.thethomaspages.com/gilda.html

• wednesday
    wednesday

Gilda was a sweetheart, i was a faithful SNL watcher during her time. She is very missed. One of my fav ones she did was Candy Slice, a punk rocker, who sang "give me mick"(mick jagger) The original SNL gang was a wonder to behold. I miss those days, fun stuff.

thanks for the memories,

also, a fav was the point/ counter point with jane curtin and dan ackhard. "jane u ignornant slut.."

• kls
    kls

Blondie the memories, i watched that show faithfully. Her whitt was so great as Emilly and when she would say," never mind,,,,,,,bitch" it would just floor me. This sweet humble Emilly always got that word right ,even though she said it often it always caught me by surprise.

• franklin J
    franklin J

thanks for the laugh, Blondie,

I especially like her conclusion of every editorial, in answer to Jane Curtins criticism of her misunderstanding ; quietly spoken under her breath...

"bitch"

These old reruns must be showing somewhere in the world....

• blondie
  • blondie
    blondie

test

• Netty
    Netty

Oh, thanks so much for that Blondie, what memories it brought back.

I used to love watching Gilda Rander. on SNL, when I was a kid. Remember Rosana, Rosana Dana? Just some of the funniest stuff ever.

• Sith
    Sith

Nobody has posted any of their own private Emily Litella moments, so I don't feel obligated to either.

One of my favorite ongoing skits on the original SNL was Gilda as Lisa Lubner and Bill Murray as Todd. Jane Curtain played Mrs. Lubner.

• Netty
    Netty

"I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not" this always killed me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit