DC Notes

by nowuask 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nowuask
    nowuask

Does anybody have a full set of notes for the convention. My inlaw is a quad (home bound) & not able to attend. Ours is not for a few weeks.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You're joking aren't you?

• Elsewhere
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Basically the entire thing is: Do more! Do more! Do more! If you don't do more then you are not a wise person... if you don't go to meetings then you are not a wise person... if you don't go out in field service more you are not a wise person.

Do more! Do more! Do more!

Oh... and they also said: Send more money.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Great Else. That just makes me wanna vomit. "Was there REALLY a global flood?" ha! That one was funny. I'm sure they'll be able to do a proper and convincing treatment of that in one page of a brochure with pictures.

"Well, we found this mastodon frozen in the ice, and he still had FOOD IN HIS MOUTH after 4000 years! Clearly there was a global flood. What a blessing from Jehovah that he preserved eight faithful people on the ark to repopulate the globe. How thankful we are that he made the rainbow to show us he would never again murder destroy the entire world of ungrateful men."

Haha! I feel better now.

Odrade

• Schizm
    Schizm

I was listening to the "Saturday Evening session" as posted by Elsewhere up above, and I heard the following:

"Marrying an unbeliever is an act of disobedience to God."

Although I can honestly see the wisdom of a Christian marrying "only in the Lord," the Scriptures do NOT say what this person claims, as quoted above. Incidently, having heard this reminded me of an assembly I once attended prior to the year 1975, and how that a District Overseer went out on a limb by saying that there was "only 34 months left" to go before 1975 would be here. Of course, what he was suggesting is that Armageddon was expected to occur that year. Well we all know what a fool thing that was for him to have said. And now here we are, in the year 2004, and along comes this wise guy who is determined to make as big of a fool outta himself as did that District Overseer. It would surprise me if the WTS even agrees with what this "wise guy" stated. It's a known fact that some of the speakers occasionally say things that amount to nothing more than their own personal views.

Schizm

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS always quotes Deuteronomy 7:3,4 leaving out verses 1,2 where it is apparent that God was only speaking of marrying Canaanites:

7 "When Jehovah your God at last brings you into the land to which you are going so as to take possession of it, he must also clear away populous nations from before you, the Hit´tites and the Gir´ga·shites and the Am´or·ites and the Ca´naan·ites and the Per´iz·zites and the Hi´vites and the Jeb´u·sites, seven nations more populous and mighty than you are. 2 And Jehovah your God will certainly abandon them to you, and you must defeat them. You should without fail devote them to destruction. You must conclude no covenant with them nor show them any favor. 3 And you must form no marriage alliance with them. Your daughter you must not give to his son, and his daughter you must not take for your son. 4 For he will turn your son from following me, and they will certainly serve other gods; and Jehovah?s anger will indeed blaze against YOU, and he will certainly annihilate you in a hurry. DEUTERONOMY 7:1-4

But hardly mention Deuteronomy 21:10-14 not even cross-referencing to that scripture:

"In case you go out to the battle against your enemies and Jehovah your God has given them into your hand and you have carried them away captive; 11 and you have seen among the captives a woman beautiful in form, and you have got attached to her and taken her for your wife, 12 you must then bring her into the midst of your house. She must now shave her head and attend to her nails, 13 and remove the mantle of her captivity from off her and dwell in your house and weep for her father and her mother a whole lunar month; and after that you should have relations with her, and you must take possession of her as your bride, and she must become your wife. 14 And it must occur that if you have found no delight in her, you must then send her away, agreeably to her own soul; but you must by no means sell her for money. You must not deal tyrannically with her after you have humiliated her. DEUTERONOMY 21:10-14
  • Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret
    "Well, we found this mastodon frozen in the ice, and he still had FOOD IN HIS MOUTH after 4000 years! Clearly there was a global flood. What a blessing from Jehovah that he preserved eight faithful people on the ark to repopulate the globe. How thankful we are that he made the rainbow to show us he would never again murder destroy the entire world of ungrateful men."

Lol....... If someone said that please give me their address so I can give them a good loving slap.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Let me know if any of you want a copy of that new brochure... I might know someone who might have a full scan.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Oh don't worry Else. I think I know what it'll be.

"How to walk with God"

"How to walk with God with sound mind"

"Avoid strangers"

"Avoid Strangers that Speak against God's Word"

"Avoid Strangers part II"

"How to stay awake while walking with God and avoiding strangers with the utmost of heart"

"How to Avoid Strangers while keeping a sound mind while avoiding strangers while living up to God's expectations and giving the watchtower money... I mean errrrrr give God glory."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit