News Flash!

by Lostreality 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

The military employs brain-washing techniques in basic training!

More, tomorrow at 11.

..Flash.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Lostreality

Did you know that just about every religion uses brain washing as did supermarkets and movie theaters in times past? Do I know if they still use it? No.

Please back up your statements with a link. If the military does use such, it would not be a very big surprise, given the fact that the US government spends 6 million dollars a DAY on advertising alone! That is more scandalous than the title of your thread or claims IMO.

Links or proof, much needed here in the land of usedtobeliedtoEXjehovahwitnesses(somewanttobeexaswell).

Cassi

Cassi

• Flash
    Flash

I wouldn't be surprised if they probably do use some sort of conditioning.

More, tomorrow at 11.

..Flash.

Hey no fair!
  • Quotes
    Quotes

The question is: is the training/conditioning/brain-washing secret/surreptitious?

I suspect that most recruits entering the army now that they will be trained/conditioned/brainwashed. I suspect that they look forward to it improving their character.

OTOH, the Watchtower's (and other high-control groups) do not clearly state what their agenda is up front. The training/conditioning/brainwashing/"mental regulating" starts to happen without informed consent.

Furthermore, training/conditioning/brainwashing is not the only indicator of whether or not a group is a "cult". There are many more (Read Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control for a more exhaustive treatment).

Consider this: when someone retires from the Military (or just finishes their tour and don't re-enlist), they are treated with respect both by the public and by current military personnel. Contrast this with Watchtowerism, where there is no honourable discharge. Heck, even someone with a dishonourable discharge is not shunned by their former colleagues the way that DF/DA JWs are.

~Quotes of the "Now I'm Conditioning Myself To Acheive What I Want to Achieve" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit