i don't want to live forever... will i be df'd?

by dh 5 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

this is just a hypothetical question, but lets say you are a jw, but with one thing and another you realised that you didn't want to love forever, and so told the elders that not wanting to live forever yourself, you would be unable to to sell everlasting life to people on the doors, and that if you don't share the hope of other jw's, how can you really call yourself a jw? basically you do not feel like a jw because you do not want what jehovah is offering you.

would they df you? or would they let you fade?

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

imo, tons of shepherding calls for encouragement and then if you refused counsel then you would be df'd

• kls
    kls

I would think df you. That is the meaning of being a jw , basically if you did not want eternal life in the new system them you are not a lover of their god. That is your prize( the new system)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I think they would maybe watch you for awhile, but would pretty much leave you alone; I say this because in my case, I said something similar - not about living forever, because I would love that - but just that I couldn't go in service because I couldn't bring myself to teach things I was not sure of, so I had no motivation to go.

And because of not being motivated to go in service, I could not attend meetings, because acceptance in the congregation is entirely based on how much you go in service.

They leave me completely alone, no trouble yet.

• Quotes
    Quotes

It would depend on how you answer this question:

"Do you believe that this is spiritual channel that Jehovah is using to deliver his spiritual truths today?"

~Quotes of the "Do You Believe in Life After Love" class

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    It would depend on how you answer this question:

"Do you believe that this is spiritual channel that Jehovah is using to deliver his spiritual truths today?"

~Quotes

My favorite answer to this question (which I used during the last elder's visit) is:

"I have my doubts."

("I'm not sure and "I don't know" work well too)

You can't get disfellowshipped (that I know of) for not taking a stand or doing nothing. It's been five years since the last meeting I attended... and two years since the elders called me to tell me they took my card out of their file and wouldn't be visiting or calling me anymore. (yayyy!!)

~wick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit