Christendom = Muslum?

by pratt1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

Question;

When the borg refers to Christendom, does this term include non-Christan based religions, such as Buddist, Hindi, and Muslum?

Has anyone actually seen material from the Borg that actually address these other religions?

• dh
    dh

as far as i was ever aware christendom was always referring to any non jw religion, but focussing on christian based stuff, but i don't know what their official standpoint is.

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was an excellent book they published about 13 years ago, or so, called Mankind's Search for God. It addressed all those religions and more. The problem with it was it told people to question the religion their parents taught them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

When the WTS refers to Christendom they mean all 'religions' claiming to be Christian, but they exclude non-Christian i.e. Mulim, Hindu, Buddhist. All religion, apart from the WTS, is referred to as "Babylon the Great".

Cheers, Ozzie

• Carmel
    Carmel

Mulan,

When you say they "addressed" these religions, do you mean they tried to debunk them or tried to communicate with them?

carm

• dh
    dh
    When you say they "addressed" these religions, do you mean they tried to debunk them or tried to communicate with them?

from what i remember of that book it went through each religion giving the jw'ised perspective of it, before getting to the end where it concluded that they were all wrong and that the only way to everlasting life was jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit