JW BANS list: post your comment here

by heianderen 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heianderen
    heianderen

Hi all,

I would like to compile a comprehensive list about the actual things that JWs are not allowed to do.

First I going to review the big bans according to "PAY ATTENTION TO YOURSELVES AND TO ALL THE FLOCK" book: (pag 92 to 96) (comments in red)

- Manslaughter. Being a professional boxer may be viewed in a similar way.

JW are also not alowed to learn any kind of self-defense system or any kind of martial art or combat sport.

- Sexual misconduct, including; adultery, fornication, and other forms of "por.ne'a.."

Reality: Any kind of sexual conduct is absolutely forbidden (only some practices are alowed to married people)

-Apostasy Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its holidays or interfaith activities.

Celebrating a false religious holiday would be similar to
    performing any other act of false worship.

The prohibition here is: JW are not alowed to think for themselves.

Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its holidays or interfaith activities.

Drunkenness. (I Cor. 5:11; 6:9,10; it-l p. 656)

But they can drink without getting drunk, even when alcohol is a drug (legalized)

Stealing, thievery, fraud. (Lev. 6:2, 4; I Cor. 6:9, 10; Eph. 4:28; it-l p. 870)

Deliberate, malicious lying; bearing false witness. (Prov. 6: 16, 19; Col. 3:9; Rev. 22:15; it-2 pp. 244-5)

But they can use Theocratic Warfare techniques.

Reviling; slander . (Lev. 19:16; I Cor. 6:10; it-l pp. 989-91; it-2 pp. 801-2)

Obscene speech . (Eph. 5:3-5; Col. 3:8)

Failure to abstain from blood . (Gen. 9:4; Acts 15:20, 28, 29)

But they can use some blood fractions.

Greed?gambling, extortion . (I Cor. 5:10, 11; 6:10; I Tim. 3:8; it-l pp. 1005-6)

Adamant refusal to provide materially for one's ovn family?leaving wife and children destitute when having the means to provide. ( 1 Tim. 5:8; w 88 11/1 pp. 22-3; km 9/73 p. 8)

Nonneutral activitics. ( Isa. 2:4;John 6:15; 17:16)

Fits of anger, violence . (Prov. 22:24, 25; Mal. 2:16; Gal. 5:20)

Misuse of tobacco or addictive drugs (2 Cor. 7:1; Mark 15:23; Rev. 21:8, Int.; 22:15, Int. )

Any kind of use of recreative drugs is forbidden (alcohol is a an exception)

Ok. Now I want to compile the real list, the list of things that are OK for the regular human being, I would like to include the oficial bans and "red code" bans, I would like you to help me, and correct me, specialy my bad english: Fist I going to try to extract these not alowed practices from the contents of the elders book listed above:

JW are not alowed to: -Learn any kind of combat sport, self defense techniques, martial art. Some forms of very competetive sports are also not alowed (football, rugby...) or at least not recomended.
    -Own a weapon for self-defense (?¿? I don't know, here in Europe this is not an issue because we don't usually carry weapons)
    -Sex is forbidden, you must avoid sexual fantasies, masturbation, caressing, touching, kissing "pasionately", of couse homosexuality is also not alowed, oral and anal sex. (only some practices can be perfomed by oficially married couples)
    -To think for your self, to develop your own cosmovision, even "to taste" (and test) diferent philosophies and belief systems.
    -Listen to critic views of their ideological system.
    -Birhdays, religious or political holidays. Work in something in relation with religions.
    -Drunkeness or any other kind of aletered conscience state (meditation, hypnosis, recreative drugs)
    -Obscene speech, making jokes about sex (even those that are really ingenious) is included.
    -Blood, eaten or transfused. (some fractions are alowed, even those small fractions that flow from a juicy steak, but you don't have to drain the blood of a fish, or a lobster)
    -Gambling, (stock market included)
    -Engage in any kind of idealistic endeavour (you can only serve to the WT), being vocal, active or a member of any "rights" movement, go on strike, to vote, being the representative of your classmates (only theocratic apointments alowed), go to war, talk about politics (only alowed if the politic system is baning them). Work in something in relation with the politic system.
    -Certain forms of grooming: beards (not in every place) goatees,mini skirts, any kind of "urban tribe" grooming. Being sexy or really original not alowed, fashion trends also not recomended.
    -Certain music styles: specialy rap, and heavy metal.
    -R rated movies.
    -Play violent or sexual videogames.
    -Swear.
    -Have no-JW friends.
    -Read books that contradict JW dogma (science, philosophy, etc...)
    -Arts, and sports careers not recomended.
    -College not recomended. -Have romatic relationships while you are a teenager.

Please write your comment here

Abandoned prohibitions:
    -Organ transplants
    -Alluminium cooking tools.
    -Military service
    -to have children, to marry (Rutherford era)

Please write your comment here

_Heianderen_

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In American English - I think you have covered all the bases there

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

They really don't approve of recreational TV, with the exception of news and nature shows mostly.

They don't approve of any music wholly, except Kingdom songs....nope, not even symphonic tunes, because the music can instill dark moods...

No reading material was actually approved other than Borg publications, except the newspaper, of course with certain items in it to be ignored.

When I left in 1992, a good little witless could safely go to the grocery store, the KH, to visit other witlesses (unless they should be careful of associating with someone who's behavior was suspicious, even tho they were in good standing)....and to borg get-togethers, but the get-togethers were thinning out as not a good idea according to word passed down from the gov. potty, when one's personal time could be better put to use in informal witlessing and field service, or preparing for field service and boning up on witlessing techniques.

They don't approve of any new toy craze, because it distracts the little ones from Kingdom interests and they're probably ALL demonized or of demonic origin (ie: Smurfs, Cabbage Patch Dolls, etc.).....and purchasing the newest toy for one's little ones might take money that could be better used by the borg.

I could go on and on and on and on and on.......

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit