A meaning to my life?

by Paradise Found 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Everybody needs to have a meaning to there life. To feal there life Is of value.

To illustate nobody likes to make a post and be told there Ideas or thinking is stupid. So asking somebody to question there belife system and for you personally there belife system is bull. This is always going to cause problems.

Now the difficulty with witnessing to a witness Is there meaning to life Is the organisation. So that for example England losing to Portugal In the football yesterday or the the enjoyable & passionate pleasures of life such as a bottle of wine and a candle-lit dinner become meaningless to a witness as theocratic activities are held in such a superficial light.

Iam so glad the meaning to my life is now less intence. Just sitting here eating a beer sausage and drinking a beer that is meaning enough to me.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

"Life is life ... NA NAAAA NA NA NA " (that's a song don't remember who)

Some baby's just breathe once and die ... some don't even have the time to breath (but they had a life)

• Soledad
    Soledad

I feel most happy when I eat a hotdog with lots of ketchup, mustard and relish. It brings me back to when I was a little kid and ate in my parent's backyard.

Its about the simple things. IMHO.

BabyFace, I loved that song and I can't remember the artist either! I wish I could and then download it onto a cd.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Soledad : Yeah it is a very famous song (maybe "Queens" I'm not sure) they are claping in the back

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

yep. The happiest day of my life was when the girl that I liked hugged me. I was screaming with joy like never before for a good 3 days afterwards and couldn't stop thinking about her since. Crazy huh? Those are the things I live for. No amount of praying to God has got me that much joy.

There's other things too, but that's on the top of my list in my life at the moment.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Everybody needs to have a meaning to there life. To feal there life Is of value.

Wouldn't this mean that meaning is of value? If life itself is valuable then it doesn't matter what form it takes or if you have this idea called 'meaning' in your head. Its a different point of view to be sure, but it exists.

Now if you say we need to enjoy life, I'll go with that a little more. Enjoyment can be there whether there is meaning or not, life can be intrinsically rewarding without having something else other than what you are experiencing. Its like having a job you enjoy, that you get paid becomes just a bonus then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit