Did Nazi/Russian infiltrators in the Watchtower ever report their findings?

by truthseeker 2 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was wondering, those "spies" that joined the Watchtower during World War II and the Cold War, and worked themselves up to become a circuit or district overseer. Did they ever report their findings or learn anything?

• exjdub
    exjdub

truthseeker,

I have wondered the same thing. Also, I am sure there have been infiltrators from the FBI in recent history...I wonder what they have come up with?

exjdub

• metatron
    metatron

Get the book "Nazi Persecution of the Churches". The Gestapo wanted to use JW's to pacify areas of conquered territory.

They spoke about their "unbelievably strong fanaticism" and effective use of propaganda.

As for other clandestine matters, see if you can find Steinhaug's site. He posted copies of documents showing how

Watchtower leaders betrayed each other to the Nazis, with little duress. There was jealousy and personal hatred

between various brothers in charge - and THIS IS WHY you will read older Watchtowers that make remarks about

'what if you were put in prison with a brother you didn't like, you never know, blah, blah.....

The whole mess was covered up and surviving brothers reappointed.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit