Did you believe in a god before the WTS?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Did the WTS's lies, hypocricy, corruption, abuse, dishonesty, control, inconsistencies, self-righteousness, judgment, sexism, ignorance, and anything else you can think of.................................................make you lose whatever faith you had before??????????????

I know many here were raised dubs and forced to do things until old enough to stand up to their parents, not because of belief! But I'm interested in knowing how many had some kind of belief in god that was later damaged or destroyed by the WTS's teachings and/or treatment?

When I left the catholic church I still hadn't been hurt or betrayed enough to have lost faith totally. But with my personal experiences in the borg, with what I saw, came to know of, heard of, read about etc......................I now don't know what to believe in, spiritually speaking. I don't feel unhappy or anxious about it. I actually feel quite free!

The things I believe in now are my kids, my hubby, my friends, my love for them, my freedom, the sun coming up each day and going down each night!

What did the WTS's betrayal do to your faith?

Cheers, Bliss

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

I did belive in God before the wtbts, he just became more real to me. But I also became afraid of him too. Before the wtbts I wasnt afraid.

I find myself a little in the same situation.

I really dont know what to believe. One day I can believe so strongly in Armageddon and think I am going to die, and the next

day I feel like going to my psychic and getting a reading. Im really messed in the head.

Sinamon

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Good question.

I think I believe in God because of the optic nerve.

Beyond that I believe in family, baseball, hockey, football, friends and working around the house.
    That's it. That's the list.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I was a Bible believer before I became a JW, and still am. The only difference is that now I realize that what they teach has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Nope! Didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

caveman of the "believer" class

• M.J.
    M.J.

Perhaps its hard for someone, starting with a rather distanced view of who God is, suddenly buying into a new seductive relationship with "God" through external, visible means (through an organization), having this "God" smashed to bits, and then go back to the original view...The only way to maintain a belief in God in such circumstances, I think, is if this person comes to realize that a relationship with God can be intangible yet direct and personal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit