Physical health problems due to all that witnessing work

by Lady Lee 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Is anyone here convinced their physical health problems migth be due to all the walking they did going door to door for years?

I have some pretty severe foot problems right now. I think I have artritis in at least one knee and it has been diagnosed in my hands. I have some pretty bad clicking going on in one knee

In Montreal where I was a JW winters can bee pretty brutal. And of course women could not wear pants so we went door to door in leotards and the longest coats and highest boots we could find. It was never warm enough.

Canada, the northern US, Europe most mountain countries would probably have the same problems with the cold

But then humidity can really aggravate the arthritis too so I suspect many people who live in humid areas might suffer the same problems.

I really have to wonder how much of these problems would be as bad as they are now if I hadn't been out walking miles and miles going door to door selling WT lit.

Anyone else?

• Ranch
    Ranch

I heard a lot of sisters complain of back and neck problems from carring a heavy bookbag.Including me.

Many suffer anxiety, deperession, cronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia ect... because of how this toxic belief system.

Forever waiting on Armegedon and never feeling you live up or have Jehovah's aproval can really take a toll on you mentally and physically.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG I forgot about the back problem due to those stupid bags. Did the men have similar version of this carrying those book bags. Mind you most of the men could put the bag down while talking att he door. We had those bags slung over a shoulder carrying every latest mag and several books and a Bible and the personal stuff. My shoulders are aching just thinking about it. BTW it does go away

The emotional problems that result from being a JW have been discussed many times. And all the stress realted problems but I can't recall any physical health issues as a direct result of the witnessing work

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    And all the stress realted problems but I can't recall any physical health issues as a direct result of the witnessing work

Lady Lee, I have no expertise in this area, but can't some physical problems be caused by stress, ulcers for example ?

• onintwo
    onintwo

Personally, I have not found hard work (including walking) to be destructive to the human body. In fact, that is precisely what makes the human body stronger. When we stress joints and muscle tissue they rebuild, and build back stronger to take the increased load.

I would however agree with Ranch, when she states that there is a close tie between the emotional state and the physical state.

Onintwo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit