wt cd rom paranoid or what

by littlemike 8 Replies latest jw friends

• littlemike
    littlemike

Hi everyone

Am I totally paranoid or what. I have been witing my life story on the computer and wanted to put some watchtower literature quotes in the story. My WT library CD Rom wont work on my computer. It comes up with usually abnormal program termination. Ok I thought maybe faulty CD as I havent used it for a while. Took the CD to work and it works perfectly!!. Am I paranoid or is this a computer problem or has the WT sabotaged my computer and put a block on their Cd?

• AlanF
    AlanF

The WT CDROM comes with apostate-hunting gremlins attached. Only business computers with special software have gremlin filters.

AlanF

• gumby
    gumby
    Only business computers with special software have gremlin filters.

You don't need a filter.......just take a sharp pencil and poke them little bastards right in the eye when you see them popping their little greenass heads out of the CD slot like they like to do.

BTW......what kind of a donation is the society...."recommending" for a CD these days?

Gumby

• new light
    new light
    BTW......what kind of a donation is the society...."recommending" for a CD these days?

I don't have a reference, Gumby, but I do remember a KM article a year or so ago where they said that a similar CD rom, such as an encyclopedia, would retail for $50 or more. In the same article, they also strongly discouraged making copies. I threw out all my KM's, sorry.

• gumby
    gumby
    I do remember a KM article a year or so ago where they said that a similar CD rom, such as an encyclopedia, would retail for $50 or more

I think your correct Newlight......that's the figure I remember but wondered if it had gone up.

Image paying 50 bucks for a baseball size of pure poo poo. Go into a christian bookstore and see what you pay for a CD that holds the same amount of info.....it's about half that price or less.

Thanks for the info gal

Gumby

• new light
    new light
    Thanks for the info gal

Huh?

• gumby
    gumby
    Thanks for the info gal
    Huh?

Woopsie daisy! Sorry bout that! Too damn many people to remember around here......plus I have few brain cells left Gumby

• hooberus
    hooberus
    The WT CDROM comes with apostate-hunting gremlins attached. Only business computers with special software have gremlin filters.

I assume that you are serious. I have wondered about the possibilty of this. My 1999 version sometimes produces "faults" during extended searches. I have to reboot, and then sometimes at the same spot the same thing happens.

• Xander
    Xander

What's the latest version of this, btw?

I think the most recent I have is the '99.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit